Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peavey IPR2 7500 Review (Very Long)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2015 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by john lutz john lutz wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by john lutz john lutz wrote:

hmmmm, disconected all inputs to amp.  amp is outputing noise on ch A.

That is what warranties are for! If you bought it from an authorised dealer the shop will give you another one without a question. You have a 5 year warranty, take full advantage of it. No need to play Mr. Fix It on a brand new amplifier.  

Best Regards,

I only asked  about noise to see if it was a normal "feature" of these budget amps.  I figure that because you have a bunch - you would know.

Warrenty yes, absolutly, will try that yet again.    Saddly this amp has been to Peavey twice now for other issues and this time comes back to me with noise in ch A.

Thanks for input,
Take care.

I am sorry but, something does not add up here.

Surely, if your amplifier has had a barrage of issues in which, the amplifier had to be repaired multiple times from Peavey’s service centre, with the same problem existing once the amplifier arrived home repaired, why did you not requests for a brand new amplifier from Peavey?

As a matter of fact, why not just post your problem on the Peavey Forum and bring it to Marty McCann’s attention?

I find it peculiar asking a question “Still happy with the IPR2 7500s ?” on June 22, of 2015 and, then posing an issue on July 30, 2015 as if you just bought IPR2 7500 brand new in the box, uncertain on how the amplifier should operate then, stating “Saddly this amp has been to Peavey twice now for other issues and this time comes back to me with noise in ch A.” 

Why not just state what you were encountering a month ago when you asked “Still happy with the IPR2 7500s?” If this lapse approach is how you posed your amplifier problems to Peavey, it may be the reason why your issues are not resolved. 

My IPR2 7500 amplifiers are not malfunctioning so, I would suggest posting your issues on the Peavey Forum where you can get answers directly from Marty McCann.

Best Regards,

Math is good – everything adds up. This has been a slow motion problem due to shipping and turn around time issues.

Not kidding with multiple issues. And I did request new amp – was given a not fully repaired one instead.

I thought Mr. McCann no longer worked for Peavey? I posted here specifically to get input from you – due to the seemingly expert level of info you have on this model.

I asked if you were happy as a gentle way to find out if there were “issues” with the IPR2 or if my situation was a fluke without making a bunch of unfounded claims. Trying to get more data is all – not set off a storm.

My question on June 22 posed nothing. The amp was purchased new in box from authorized dealer about 18 months ago. When I got it back this last time in addition to the noise it looked like the running lights were different – from what I could remember -so I asked. I'm not pretending anything.

There is no lapse approach – I first had one problem, then another, then another. Peavey is well aware and it has been a joke getting this resolved.

Yet – I do not fly into rant, just try to see if what I am seeing is a real issue, as in very low level noise in one channel – sluggish lights, etc.

...will seek elsewhere
thanks,
peace out.

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 2:13am

Quote john lutz wrote:

Math is good – everything adds up. This has been a slow motion problem due to shipping and turn around time issues.

Not kidding with multiple issues. And I did request new amp – was given a not fully repaired one instead.

And you did not complain about it to Peavey?

Quote john lutz wrote:

I thought Mr. McCann no longer worked for Peavey? I posted here specifically to get input from you – due to the seemingly expert level of info you have on this model.

I do not work for Peavey. When a product is malfunctioning you contact the manufacture. That is what the company wants their customers to do if there is a problem. I am actually a member of the Peavey Forum so you could have posed your issue over there and received more user experiences in regards to what you are experiencing on your IPR2 is happening to other IPR2 users.

Marty McCann is an active member on the Peavey Forum. He answered a question in regards to the IPR2 7500 I posted on the Peavey Forum promptly. This is why I recommend posing your issues on the Peavey Forum. The Peavey forum offers qualified Peavey personal that can answer questions when an issue arise.

Quote john lutz wrote:

I asked if you were happy as a gentle way to find out if there were “issues” with the IPR2 or if my situation was a fluke without making a bunch of unfounded claims. Trying to get more data is all – not set off a storm.

If you’re amplifier was malfunctioning in which you stated you sent it to Peavey to get it repaired and wanted to know if I faced the same issues, you could have said so within the first post. Your gentle way of trying to find out created lack of information which left the impression you had no on hands experience using the amplifier.   

This leads to your quote below…

Quote john lutz wrote:

My question on June 22 posed nothing. The amp was purchased new in box from authorized dealer about 18 months ago. When I got it back this last time in addition to the noise it looked like the running lights were different – from what I could remember -so I asked. I'm not pretending anything.

If you had said this in your first post I would have given you a detailed response within my first reply. In our business we cannot beat around the bush. If an audio device is malfunctioning, we need to be directly to the point if we are seeking guidance.   

There is no lapse approach – I first had one problem, then another, then another. Peavey is well aware and it has been a joke getting this resolved.

Yet – I do not fly into rant, just try to see if what I am seeing is a real issue, as in very low level noise in one channel – sluggish lights, etc.

...will seek elsewhere
thanks,
peace out.

Possibly you should have made a rant to Peavey for them to rectify the problem. This why, I said you have a lapse approach. Taking things in stride is not always the best way to manage a problem especially in the Professional Audio Business.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678