Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good budget lighting recommendations??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good budget lighting recommendations??
    Posted: 21 November 2014 at 5:12pm
I need some more lighting but not really sure what to buy. I currently have a couple of Acme scanners and a American DJ Dekker. 
I don't want to spend a huge amount, say a couple of hundred quid, but I am flexible on that. I was thinking along the lines of a couple of second hand mini mac moving heads, but would these be too similar to my scanners? Had Solar 250s before but I am sure there would be something better for my money.

It is mainly for playing trendy type bars with deep house, psychedelica, and sometimes groovy sixties type stuff. It's not really rave type music so a laser probably wouldn't be suitable?

Any lights out there which are a lot of bang for the buck?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 8:37pm
you might get a better response in the lighting section. not in the general section
You can't polish a turd!
emperorfaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 9:01pm
Thanks for that, never even knew there was one here, ever since the for sale forum died I only have this forum bookmarked and thats about it really cheers.
emperorfaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 9:04pm
I have now moved this thread, please click the link below to reply.

http://forum.speakerplans.com/good-budget-lighting-recommendations_topic89574.html
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 8:48am
Have a look at some better scans. Do you understand the whole DMX thing?

To get a good show it needs to be under control. There is some great deals to be had on the old Martin 812 type scans sub £200.
If you can push it a bit further the clay paky mini scans are good.

There isn't really any moving heads of any sense in the sub £200 bracket as people still have the moving head fascination. Even though you can't beat a well maintained scan for rave.

Jace
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
nick bakker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick bakker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2014 at 7:11am
Buy some led par's and a simple controller.

You have all colors, blinders, strobo's

Post Reply Post Reply