Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UNIVERSITY OF DUB - 19th Dec -Love & Harmony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebulun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UNIVERSITY OF DUB - 19th Dec -Love & Harmony
    Posted: 26 November 2014 at 8:05pm
Love & Harmony
University of Dub presents Roots Dance Joyful
Friday 19th December 2014 – 10pm -6am

ALL NIGHT ROOTS REGGAE MUSIC AT LONDON’S TOP VENUE THE SCALA

From Leeds, the ever inspirational soundz of
IRATION STEPPAS SOUND-SYSTEM
Vanguard of Dub, playing Dubz inna year 3000 style.
Alongside JAH YOUTH SOUND-SYSTEM
The Roots Ambassador with Lioness Fonts, Princess Uwimana and Prince Livijah
And The Mighty ABA-SHANTI-I
Earth Rocker Sound of Jah Lightning and Thunder

SCALA, 275 Pentonville Road, King's Cross, London N1 9NL
Tickets £13 in advance from Scala Box Office
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/151073
or £15 at the door
http://www.universityofdub.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Universi ... 5931787818
https://www.facebook.com/events/1541684729408272/

All tribes welcome ~ Happy Vibes ~ Daily Bread ~ Bars ~ Free smoking area ~ Record/CD and craft stalls ~ Jah Love
University of Dub’s monthly sessions are held at The Scala in King’s Cross, which is situated in the heart of London.
The monthly sessions feature three heavy weight sound-systems playing roots reggae music and special dub plates.
The vibration in the dance is a togetherness of all nations enjoying high quality roots reggae music. Come and enjoy Jah vibes!

Zebulun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebulun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2014 at 7:45pm
Tomorrow night - all roads lead to The Scala- for Love & Harmony.
IRATION STEPPAS / JAH YOUTH / & ABA-SHANTI-I
Last dance until Feb 2015!
Blessed love.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1541684729408272/
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:05am
well, what should i say..
had to leave it due to unbearable, quite fatiguing sound tbh

aba - way too much HF and mid, best kick, lows drop off too early imo, no LF below 40hz
iration - way too much HF, kicks/mids sound as if they gonna die every min., best sub tbh., well rounded and deep
youth - way too much HF, plenty unrefined kick, no sub below 45.. worst mic section

you see the pattern, all of them seem to be deaf imo! sizzling is great but come on, not all of us are that deaf yet :)

Not sure the "2 corner" setups help for a even dispersion either...
too much cancellation and beaming imho..

at least i learned another way i am not going to go ;)

musically it was a nice session although a bit boring due to the predictable selections..

app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:11am
Id still love to find out if playin super loud is an actual choice of the sounds or have they infact lost their hearing which causes them to play super loud hi/mids...

After hearing aba shanti and jah tubbys in southall I was left semi deaf for few days which wasnt nice at all. A nice experience but not sure if worth to lose your hearing and gettin tinnitus in the long run...
"what!?"
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:39am
lets be honest App, playing the soundsystem thing for well over 20years leads to deafness no matter what... earplugs is all that helps a little but spoils the experience.. ;)
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 12:59pm
Yes!

If we assume that most of the big sound men are infact half deaf and thats the reason for having the tops and mids "too loud" arent the people who can still hear but want to copy the "vibe" and build a super loud sound climbing ass first into the tree.

Would be interesting to know if thru some miracle for example aba shanti actually has a perfect hearing...

"what!?"
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:42pm
2 reasons I never went. one was because i was tired haha. 2. was because i knew what the sound would be like. Shame because the music deserves better
Mykey Wattco
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 8:15pm
might have been a bit harsh...

Vibes in general were nice!
Just not my cup of tea soundwise, usually not often wearing earplugs at my gigs, at least not for the first hours till venue fills up and sound is finally adjusted to "normal" hearing and bearable level ;)

What still puzzles me is the Therms "weight" "heavy" etc. are used to describe the Lowend of what i found basically quite disappointing...
Certainly makes me wonder about a few arguments on here in the scoop corner lol

Mykey, too true.. ;)
App, might aswell be a "dont give a damn as long as its loud" issue, wearing earplugs themselfes?! Rudimental pre Amps dont help either imo..
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:05am
What if exposure to loud sounds dont automatically mean loss of hearing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_fatigue

Auditory fatigue is defined as a temporary loss of hearing after exposure to sound. This results in a temporary shift of the auditory threshold known as a temporary threshold shift (TTS). The damage can become permanent (permanent threshold shift, PTS) if sufficient recovery time is not allowed for before continued sound exposure.

So would this suggest that if you give your ears some time to rest they can actually take some damage and deal with it if given some time...
"what!?"
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:29am
Not going to say much, but three bass boxes together is not going to give u a lot in the lower end u are speaking of.
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by King Simeon King Simeon wrote:

Not going to say much, but three bass boxes together is not going to give u a lot in the lower end u are speaking of.

Who are you referring here? That post makes no sense...Or I just dont get itLOL
"what!?"
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 2:00pm
^guess me..
well, not my decision to go for stacks of 3 scoops but down to operator/venue?!
On the other hand 3 properly designed, loaded, powered and operated scoops should play lower than 40hz, irations bins showed it can be done for example...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>