Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get you baby stacks out !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Seehnav Seehnav wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

This :-) Double 8 inch and double 12.

Very nice! Clap

Any plans of the doubble 12''  sub ? 

co ax tops?
purple monkey dishwasher
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 1:08pm
If you look closely you can see the top driver has a different dust cap : it is co-ax. 
I believe the cabs are a commercial design so I don't expect plans to be made available.  I say plans, but it is a box with ports which will be specific for the drivers.  You have the drivers?
music is the message
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 3:45pm
Not really a 'stack', but it's certainly baby! Still need to varnish the sub, just waiting for the time.

teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 6:35pm
My baby living room stack lol
2 Boke Ma828, pd186 loaded
2 f215 clones, celestion ftr loaded
2 MT122's with custom adjustable tilt boards, PD123er & Beyma cp750ti loaded
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by teknojay teknojay wrote:

My baby living room stack lol
2 Boke Ma828, pd186 loaded
2 f215 clones, celestion ftr loaded
2 MT122's with custom adjustable tilt boards, PD123er & Beyma cp750ti loaded

I take it you get on really, really well with your neighbours then!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
teknojay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 7:58pm
yes actually lol i only turn it on when they're all out. battlefield sounds amazing like an actual warzone and the bass makes it feel like one :P
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

Not really a 'stack', but it's certainly baby! Still need to varnish the sub, just waiting for the time.

Mine is similar, pair of Mycro6's and THE basys amp. (Iv half painted my tham12 now)
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
audiofun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiofun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 12:54am
My little babies on DJ night duty in a local pub: 4x S12 + 2x F10 powered by QSC plx, crossed over with EV ACone. Sounded great ;)

EDIT: pic too big...

Edited by audiofun - 21 December 2014 at 12:58am
lost eden View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 2:07am
I was originally on the lookout for a pair of Mycro 6, but when I came across these Brooke's locally for a really good price I snapped them up. Have you come up with a way to put a grille on your THAM?

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by lost eden lost eden wrote:

Mine is similar, pair of Mycro6's and THE basys amp. (Iv half painted my tham12 now)
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 3:10pm

a quick lick of paint as the rack was still bare wood and the THAM12 was still just primed...

all painted... i DID add plastic corners but they arent shown in the pics.....

yes that is a pulse amp in there with a citronic crossover. the pulse does sound quite good running the tops and the VERY old skool Matrix U600 did a fantastic job on bass dispite having 'domed' caps (Robin from Matrix has sorted me out some new ones and they will be fitted the moment i get a half hour to meself.

the citronic will be replaced soon with a T.amps 2in/4out LMS as soon as i get a USB to serial lead sorted and an hour to play around with the software.

im also contemplating removing the pulse and sticking my XT800 in there but unsure as this is the baby rack i lent to idiots who dont know what they are doing half the time and dont want them to kill my nice hardware.

Anyway...

these are the Sx200's i use with the baby/back-up rack and THAM for smaller gigs.

i have a pair of Void Mycro6s but these kick harder Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

....bit of a change from this (yes thats a Void Basys amp) which was its original incarnation.

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 9:39pm
  Looking good Clap, I was wondering what that little amp was 'til I read on! If I was you I would leave the Pulse in there, a mobile dj mate had (still has, I think) a 2U 600w pulse and the abuse I've seen it take in its stride is unbelievable (like running FLAT OUT into clip for four hours straight!) and we all know how much stick an old Matrix can take before it chucks it toys.   

Looking again at that Pulse again it reminds of an Omnitronic P-1000 I had for a few years, I used to absolutely hammer that amp, it was running 4r bridge on bass most of the time even though it was only specced down to 4r per channel and was bloody good doing it too, until it blew every o/p transistor one afternoon whilst setting up when a dodgy crossover was outputting very large pops and crackles sending the amp well into clip.Cry

Edited by njw - 28 February 2015 at 9:49pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 9:57pm
Cheers.... the last pic isnt showing up on my fone. I'll assume on a pc its visable.

Iv got a nice BIG rack (oh er mrs!) With a Matrix xt1000 and 5000mf in run off a db mark 26 something that reeeeeeeeeally needs programming too. Once iv switched out the citronic and sorted myself out i'll throw some pictures up in show off your rack.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>