Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TECHNICS SL1210 MK3 LIDS!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TECHNICS SL1210 MK3 LIDS!!
    Posted: 05 December 2014 at 10:51am
I'm just after one lid. I'm not sure if all the SL lids are all the same but if anyone can clarify that for me I would appreciate it. 
Facebook: Masai Judah
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:17am
Pretty sure they're all the same.
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 12:09pm
Thanks man. I'm kicking myself because when I was working at a pro audio hire company they use to have loads of them gathering dust after they fitted the SLs in their flightcases.

Will try Ebay.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 12:51pm
Try AvLee on here, pretty sure he has stockpiled a pretty big list of spares and parts
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 2:49pm
Thanks.
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2014 at 3:41pm
Hi, yes they're all exactly the same apart from the Mk3 onwards, do no have hinges. Just rubber blanks where the hinges are supposed to go. Technics changed this so djs could just whip the lids on and off very quickly as opposed to constantly inserting the hinges into the hinge sockets and over time the lid would crack around the hinge area.
Also the Mk5G lid had a slighter darker tint. The LTD edition Gold decks had a golden tint and a Gold Technics badge on top.

I have a few available if you're after one, going rate is £30.
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 5:17pm
Not sure how I missed this.....

Does it come with hinges as I think mine are missing.....
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 9:41am
I have some. Pm if interested
 Post Reply Post Reply