Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TFL-760H still worthy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 3:18pm
I have an answer to my own questions, Flashlight systems was only sold in groups of 6 bass bins & 6 tops according to the user manual. Probably they also wanted to sell the bassbins separately, but nok to break their own marketing principle they had to give it a new model name.

That's my guess, silly isn't it?
Anyone with a better guess?
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
JEB88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEB88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

Anyone interested in some tms-2s?
LOL:-) -Think I'm going for 16 floods in stead, but have to check again how I like my subs from 100-150hz...

I had the same dream about floods on martin 215 mk2 / mk3s as someone posted on here:)

Yes!!! let us know if you wanna get rid of the TMS 2's Smile

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 3:37pm
Don't worry, I will:-)
Sometimes floodlights come up really cheap, every so often I missed it
Tms-4 & tms-3s are often found cheap as well.
But tms-2s are just never around!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 2:08am
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

I have an answer to my own questions, Flashlight systems was only sold in groups of 6 bass bins & 6 tops according to the user manual. Probably they also wanted to sell the bassbins separately, but nok to break their own marketing principle they had to give it a new model name.

That's my guess, silly isn't it?
Anyone with a better guess?

Flash was 6 pairs on a BSS EPC series rack, you bought rack, cables, boxes and the LMS to boot!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 8:43am
Also to note the flash drivers do not have a bolt through them. The phase plug is held on by the fibreglass.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 7:01pm
Ah, so in fact the flood / flash drivers are a bit differet, are they the same apart from this?
Lincoln1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincoln1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Also to note the flash drivers do not have a bolt through them. The phase plug is held on by the fibreglass.
I have seen the 6501 (flash 6.5") which did have the same bolt thru as the 6503. There are some cheap 6501's I could get locally but wanted to maintain the system.
Lincoln1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincoln1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

The 6,5" are most likely theese:

Nothing like, the 6.5" is a very Turbo driver, if you want Flood you need RC kit from Turbo, the whole setup took Funktion One an age to get right and somehow I don't think they just bought stock PD drivers....

It is a system worth sorting out but will require the right bits, other thing do the drivers actually work? If they do a steam clean may be worth a try.....
Smile

I'm all ears. Yes the drivers still work, and have dried out since. I know less than zero about steam cleaning, so keen to know what to buy and even what a small steamer device is actually used for so I can buy one. Please show and tell :)
Moberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 7:50am
Hey Lincoln
Im also planning to buy some TFL 760 here in Germany. I think i have got way better access to spare parts here. And luckily i am going to auckland in 2016 for six months - so maybe i can help you a little bit ;)
Lincoln1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincoln1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 6:31pm
Much appreciated, that would be awesome!  I still haven't done much except completely strip these all down to check out. I will be selling a couple of these since I don't really have the room. This will hopefully keep the rebuild budget down a bit too. Will check here from time to time. It looks like I may need 1 HF diaphragm and possibly 2 midrange recone kits.
Moberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 2:18pm
Hi Lincoln, i finally got my 4 760Ht and love them. One of the best Speakers i have ever heard.
I have good news for you: The HFis easy to get over here and it would be no problem to ship them over to NZ (about 20€ for a big package). The midrange driver is also very rare here in europe, but i am trying to get some, as long they are still avaiable, anyway for having them as spare parts. I already found some recone kits for the 12" driver. You might give me your mail address or Facebook for better communication.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 7:17pm
http://www.precision-devices.com/Product-Details/PD615WG

Hey,have you seen this ? Shouldnt be so hard to get in europe,or you want to stay turbo branded? This was as i remember from some threads a good if not the exact replacement.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>