Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 10:49am
I just cleaned the boxes, then whacked it on.. you may find because you have painted with tuff cab, that it could chip easier.. as the warnex will be trying to grip to the tuff cab not the box itself.. might be wrong tho.. 

error 404
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 10:52am
I'll probably get my little B+D mouse sander and rough it all up before I apply the new paint (if 3x more coats of the paint I have doesn't do it)
You can't polish a turd!
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 12:16pm
I painted some speakers in white warnex. Worked really well but blimey it's expensive.
Don't test the champignon sound
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:57am
never tried white Tuffcab, but never had any probs with black Tuffcab

you gotta remember that no matter what paint you use it will scratch n chip, some easier than others, but its alot easier and cost effective to touch up Tuffcab than anything else
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Tweeter_Box Tweeter_Box wrote:

you gotta remember that no matter what paint you use it will scratch n chip, some easier than others, but its alot easier and cost effective to touch up Tuffcab than anything else
What if I told you that I had a speaker enclosure paint that didn't chip and scratch, and was waterproof😊 if it rains, no need to panic

Comes in black satin (semi gloss) 5 litre tins

affordable and roller applied. As tough as Line-x😉

pm for details.

Mykey Wattco
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 6:13pm
...i'd call you out on in. Its a public forum.... dont 'PM' Show us!!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 7:06pm
Show you what, a 5 litre tin?

I can do colours at a little extra cost

There is nothing on the market that comes close to this apart from line-x, and we know how hard that is to get sprayed, and how expensive it is

Mykey Wattco
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 7:07pm
edit: posted before i saw your reply!

is it ready to sell? looks really good. how many coats is that on those examples? and was that sprayed?

Edited by cravings - 15 July 2015 at 7:10pm
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 7:10pm
Not really bothered if I sell it or not to tell the truth. I'll use it myself until someone else wants it. Just trying to help out

Had enough pm's about people not happy with someone else's paint on here. So thought I could give a service

It's 2 part btw
Mykey Wattco
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 7:12pm
Textured roller (supplied) One coat can be done. You just do a few passes to build up the texture. What you see there is 2 coats. 30 mins you can handle the cab. 24 hours rock hard
Mykey Wattco
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 8:14pm
Looks a bit shiny there Mykey, is that just the angle of the photo? I'm pretty sure we've been using a very very similar mix from a paint supplier up here to touch up our Void PU boxes where the worst damage has been – it's insanely scratch resistant but boy is it a bitch to keep clean after a dusty, dirty summer. The stuff just eats rags, and a fresh coat of black every six months always looks better.
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2015 at 9:08pm
I know where the void paint comes from. It's a 2 part paint. This isn't that

Very easy to clean

Shiny because the angle suppose
Mykey Wattco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>