Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QSC RMX5050 pots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QSC RMX5050 pots
    Posted: 15 March 2015 at 10:44am
Does anyone have a link to a suitable pot at RS or similar?
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 10:57am
I hate RMX pots! utter garbage. Sorry no help, just thought id air my opinions on them LOL
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 11:30am
Given how they fail so readily (oxidise IIRC!), Shure Dist. have always got them in stock. I think I have a pile of them on my desk at work too.

I won't be in the office till Wednesday, and I think they are 2450, but should be same part. PM if still in need.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
rigsmith_electronics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigsmith_electronics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 12:18pm
My pal droped off 7 or more QSC amps and bags of pots to my workshop last year. 

I cannot remember the exact amp. but there was different values for the same amps depending which version of the PCB it has. 

He said he got them from QSC and from memory I dont think he was ripped off. Why not call them, I think they are expecting people too do so. 
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 1:57pm
pots on rmx are different across the range iirc or they dont line up with knobs one of the twoConfused
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 2:52pm
Remove from the amp.  Dismantle the pot, clean the centre silver conductive track with a bit of switch cleaner on a cotton bud, reassemble and replace, good as new!

It is somewhat annoying that it's actually the centre common contact that oxidises up, not the resistive carbon track.

The 2U amps use one type of pot, the 3U amps use another. You can interchange them but the knobs won't line up with the markings on the front panel.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 3:16pm
Thanks guys - have dropped Shure an email - didn't think it'd be something they'd be interested in supplying direct in small quantities, hence the thread. Will see what they say!

(they are a PITA though, those pots!)
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 1:05am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

Remove from the amp.  Dismantle the pot, clean the centre silver conductive track with a bit of switch cleaner on a cotton bud, reassemble and replace, good as new!

It is somewhat annoying that it's actually the centre common contact that oxidises up, not the resistive carbon track.

The 2U amps use one type of pot, the 3U amps use another. You can interchange them but the knobs won't line up with the markings on the front panel.

yeah thats it Clap long time since ive opened one up i knew it was something along those lines
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Badger74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 11:47am
Give shure a ring, always helpful.

I need some for my 850...you've just reminded me ;)
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 1:02pm
Got some winging their way to me already!
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 10:16am
Pics of the offending items.

There are both B10K and B2.5K, from memeory for a mix of RMX850 and RMX1450. Seems to inply 2450, 4050 and 5050 may also have different parts.

Shure Dist would be best bet?

Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 1:22pm
I have no idea why they have two different resistance versions, I really doubt given where they're used that it makes any difference!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>