Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Data and graphs with diferent drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2015 at 8:39am
This has been discussed a million times already. Even in this thread. NO EXCURSION PROBLEMS, NO MORE THAN 800w with the C18. What else do you need to know????
You can't polish a turd!
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2015 at 9:23am
I think thattle do for me it's just when I said about using it you said the x1 swallows cheaper drivers in one gulp that is why I questioned Mercia's tests ok I get it it will be ok thanks cookie
EdTheProfet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdTheProfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by C-Audiofreak C-Audiofreak wrote:

The spec for this driver the p-audio C18- 650EL States Xmax is 5.5mm the v18 11mm is this really going to make that much difference also the c18 is a mk2 version and is rated at 1200watts A.E.S as the voids seem to be few and far between and these are cheaper with acceptable ratings etc and rog designed the cab with a p-audio driver to begin with should I use one of these as it would leave me some headroom ?

The P.Audio C18-650EL Mk2 is unfortunately quite different to the original C18-650EL and would probably not be best for this box.

If you are looking for a budget option then perhaps the P.Audio IMF-HP18B - maybe not perfect but at that price range I think the best you will get.

If you are looking for a middle option the RCF LF18G401 would be worth considering, the LF18N401 is also recommend. Faital Pro 18HP1020 also seems like it may be compatible.

I would think that the Oberton 18XB1600 or 18XB1500 would be good options at the higher end as both have strong cones, high Bl and high power handling. V18-1000 also popular as has been PD.1850 in the past.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 4:43pm
Hi ed how about the pd 186 would that be a good contender for this cab coz if I don't like the sound I may buy two more and build g-subs instead?
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 6:37pm
I thought you had already built the X1's if i remember from one of your other posts?
The PD186 (as far as I know) isn't strong enough for the X1 (but don't quote me!)
Great in the G Sub and can be crossed high to meet something like an X12
You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 6:56pm
Yes cookie you are correct I have built them but haven't loaded them yet and was kind of toying with the idea of selling the empty unpainted cabs and building some g-subs instead as it appears I can only get oberton 18's which is all very well the voids seem harder to get and high in demand but I think my amps would run out of steam trying to power 1500watt speakers so I may be better off powering a pair of 186 loaded g-sub's instead just an idea plus I'm wondering if the g-sub would be better for live music coupled with megatons for kick I now have six SR707 mk1's at my disposal so the g-subs may be a bit more amp and driver friendly although at times between bands there may be a Dj playing through them with anything from reggae to house to rock
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 7:17pm
Maybe you should repost in the ported section then Thumbs Up
You can't polish a turd!
EdTheProfet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdTheProfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 11:47am
PD.186 is not suitable for X1.
Regarding my previous post Faital Pro 18HP1020 has been replaced with 18HP1022 which has a stronger cone. PM for a price.

Oberton 18XB700 could be worth a look if you are looking for something more general purpose.
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 12:06am
don't know if my sim is accurate, but did a comparison between a few drivers i was interested in and seemed to get very nice results for the turbomax b1000. can anyone confirm/refute this? of run it through a program which gives you excursion? having trouble running winISD pro

cheers

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/7132/GcecYq.png

hope i did that right and the image posts
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 12:09am

dskikods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskikods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 7:40am
Hello , I have 4 jbl 2241h , so I`m wondering , how will they do in x1 box ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 8:31am
I think on here the general rule is for this box it has to be the void V18 1000 or pd 1850 if you are going to give it some hammer as any lesser drivers will be destroyed in no time due to the nature of the cabinet it's really brutal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>