Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MTL-46 build!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:49pm
Belli, bravo Clap

I think I will make a couple of these as I've got two spare RCF L18S800 and they kind of match the thiele/small parameters of the G401s.

Can you please tell me what you're going to use to apply the warnex paint? I have some but I haven't used it yet as I'm struggling to find anyone with a paint-gun with pressurized material container.

Edited by Darkstar - 27 May 2015 at 8:49pm
Bass =/= Enough
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:32pm
Grazie Big smile
I use a roller. I apply a thin coat and then when is dryed i roll a thick coat to obtain the textured effect. With a paint gun it will be easier and the grain of the texture will be much grater..however i'm satisfied enough rolling it.
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 9:41am
Here are some finisced pics:
The grill is missing from the pics Smile
I've tested this week end on a private party with about 100 peps and it sound just awesome! Very clean and deep and the spl is good, it makes your chest thump! Keep in mind that now i'm using it with my two fbt jolly 8 tops so i didn't run it at full tilt. Overall i think it's the perfect cab for me as it fits in my renault modus and i can move it around by myself and it sounds awesome.

Giacomo Smile
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 10:09am
They look fantastic. Curious how you're placing them horizontally though, are you using them side by side?

I will probably build two in this or next month and load them with some RCF L18S800's, hopefully they'll sound as good. Simmed them and did not look bad at all, except some over excursion at 50Hz-ish.

All that you have to do now is to get a replacement for the FBTs so you can run these at their full potential.
Bass =/= Enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 11:06am
Thanks! Maybe you can build also a ESW1018 copy for yours L18S800, as i think is it's original woofer.
I've placed the feets horizontally just because i like the look more Wink also the idea for the future is to build 3 more and two 2x12" and with two subs stacked horizontally per side i will have enough height for the mid tops.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 6:04pm
Little demo at the end of the video :) nothing fancy
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 6:18pm
I have that crossover and can't get it to work for me... I never understand the menu system how close do you live? I'm SENDING London and would love to get it going properly.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 11:33am
Anyone tried the pd186 in these? If so what's the result? 😉
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 12:12pm
I have used B&C 18NW100 for a couple of months and worked ok,not going so deep as expected.I changed to Fane18XB and the shake the place with enough power.I am still underpower them as my amp do 500W/8ohms,so will either build 2 more or get a decent amp.With reggae the do sing from 35-80Hz.
Measure twice...cut once.
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 9:27pm
Cool! Interested to know how the pd186 performs as have 6 sitting around.
DJ123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 9:29pm
nice build how will the B&C 18tbx100 woofer work in this cabinet ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12