Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saxon & Luv Injection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saxon & Luv Injection
    Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:06pm
Anyone going to the dance on 12th September in elephant & castle I think can't find the flyer at the moment.

Who will win the clash to you?
To me saxon have a load of dub which can ram dance but their set isn't saying nothing to me they can't go play luv injection with the set they have... they'll get park up. Their b line missing and their set just sounds noisy.
Went to a dance the other day saxon and shocking studio were playing and saxon didn't sound impressive at all.

I think luv injection will give them worries set wise and music wise.

What do you all think?
respect
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:35pm
Better to have plenty of music, even if set not all that..

Right phone call to couple of South or West London man, and they could hire heavy & crystal set for the night..

However 'Injection might rail them for that, on the mic.LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 22 August 2015 at 12:36pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:41pm
Two lengendary Machines, unfortunetly for Saxon, Luv Injection has got the far superior machine because Luv Injection has kept up with the audio tech, but both machines has got 30 years of tune & BIG "anthems" to deliver, so anything can happen Clap

The History is too BIG to miss for any sound machine fans..........

Remember 1992 Hansworth Leisure Centre, also Bilston 1994, Wembley 2008 & now Coronet 2015 Clap 

General salute to both camps  Clap
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
championdrei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:43pm
I hear what you all are saying but from what I hear luv injection have a wicked set and selection so I'm thinking there's gonna be pure worries in that dance

Also to me the set comes first before dub you can have nuff special or whatever but if the set don't sound good for the dub to play on then there's no point playing it imagine your playing your dub then the next sound just come in with weight line and ting you can't hear the dub again     you get my point? Sound have to lock off they get drown out

Edited by championdrei - 22 August 2015 at 12:45pm
respect
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:52pm
To be honest, yes, Big time sound, should have big tunes, and set to deliver them properly.

I'm just saying, is easier to hire tough set for one night, than to own tough set, and lacking tunes.LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:55pm
Yes I fully understand what you sayin championdrei, I'm the same the machines must be on point, BUT this session is what they say "Nuh Narmal" the fans of  both camps are "DIE HARD" core!!! once a BIG anthem drop, then anything is anything Thumbs Up

Respect..........Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:57pm
True, I heard saxon play some BIG tune the other day so we'll have to see what happens

respect
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

To be honest, yes, Big time sound, should have big tunes, and set to deliver them properly.

I'm just saying, is easier to hire tough set for one night, than to own tough set, and lacking tunes.LOL

True True iyah, but the DIE HARD fans wouldn't have it no other way................Shocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:07pm
The Venue: The Coronet Theater 28 New Kent Road, London, SE1 6TJ, United Kingdom

Friday 18th September
10pm-4am
Tickets: £20
Found the flyer...
respect
wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:07pm
Hey Championdrei, don't go on the 12th or you'll find you'll be the only one in the place waiting for them to turn up inna them truck....Embarrassed. I can confirm it is on Friday 18th of Sept. 
Friday driving home, and only by a split chance I saw the poster on a wall in West Norwood, otherwise I was oblivious that this dance was even in the pipeline. 
When I arrived home, looked it up on the net, and found that it's confirmed and legit and grabbed a ticket. It seems this dance has been long awaiting, two giants ina one arena. 

I have to agree, Saxon's pretty set let them down, and Brixton dance with King Tubbys can testify that, they were lucky to get it sorted at the last hour and a half or the crowd wouldn't have redeem them because people were getting pissed off!
Every time I've heared Luv Injection their set is on point, and Corporal Billy cracks me up alongside Levi(Saxon), & Champion(Jamdown Rockers) these must be the cheekiest muthaf**kers to ever hold a mic. But Allen Brando is a good defender for Saxon and will hold up their corner.
Saxon's dub box is very deep with a lot of history, they can kill a sound just with oldies alone, they've got some high calibre sh!t from years, with a few artist that are no longer with us. 
Luv Injection got some tunes as well, but I personally wouldn't say it's off the same calibre. 
Until recent, apart from Nottinghill Carnival, Saxon was off the scene for a long time and I think a lot of time passed, and the landscape has changed since they resurfaced in the dancehall arena again. This is where Injection have the heads-up. Although they've been around a long time also, they play in a more contemporary style in comparison and think this what the crowd will warm to more;
I won't hedge my bet yet, I believe this could go either way, it won't be a walk in the park for either camp. But for sure this dance will cause some hurt feelings... LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:11pm
Respect wiz and I agree with what you're saying
Hurt feelings indeed
respect
wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Better to have plenty of music, even if set not all that..

Right phone call to couple of South or West London man, and they could hire heavy & crystal set for the night..

However 'Injection might rail them for that, on the mic.LOL
Yep they would, The Corporal don't take back no chat!!...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>