Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth module sound quality.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth module sound quality.
    Posted: 29 August 2015 at 1:34pm
I've a Sure 4.0 Bluetooth module in the control box on my Boombike.
I never use it as the sound quality is so bad compared to hard wiring.
Is this normal??
Or is there a way of improving things?
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Swedgin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 2:37pm

Do you have a good DAC between the bluetooth module and the amp? Audio that's transmitted via bluetooth is lossy (so a bit loss here) and digital. If you don't have a decent DAC it could be you lose a lot of detail in sound quality.

EDIT: your module has a sample rate of 94kHz, this should be enough (cd has 44,1kHz) but I don't see the resolution. Best is one of 16bit (or 24bit if you want to go high-end) so you don't lose much information.

Edited by Swedgin - 29 August 2015 at 2:49pm
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 2:56pm
I'm just taking an audio signal off the BT modules own RCA outlet into the Amplfier.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Swedgin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2015 at 3:49pm
I did a quick research on bluetooth audio and came to conclusion that your module should have bluetooth 4.0 and aptx codec support for the best result, and it does.

I'm sorry but I can't help you further due to lack in knowledge. My guess is a poor resolution but I don't find the resolution of the module.

Edited by Swedgin - 01 September 2015 at 3:50pm
gustavoppires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gustavoppires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 6:22pm
Hi.

I have the same module and did some blind A-B'ing with a high quality dac and could not spot any loss of quality. There's a catch though: The module's output clips at the highest BT volume settings (playing from my Samsung Galaxy S5, it clips in the top 70%+ volume settings).

Did you try lowering it?

Cheers!
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 12:41pm
Yea the module clips easily. As long as you are not overdriving it, you should get really good sound quality. We've used them and they're fine. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
 Post Reply Post Reply