Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

high pass/ subsonic filter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 11:11pm
Well now, a simple passive high-pass filter can be made from a capacitor and a resistor which provides 6dB/Octave roll-off. Series connecting more stages will give steeper roll-off.

To advise further, please can I be informed of the Amplifier input Impedance used
for Bass and the -6dB frequency point you are looking for?

I can then suggest suitable Component values....

Hope this assists

Mik

PS: same type of thing used to good effect as a 'Rumble Filter' in Hi-Fi amplifiers when using Turntables!
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 11:17pm
This Web page might also be of assistance:
http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/ve3wwg/doku.php?id=rc_simple_filter

It has a component value calculator as well!

Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 11:27pm
For a budget LMS you can't touch a DCX, but the CX3400 is a true 24/LR crossover and with a mod would be pennies, but the DCX would give you a bit of EQ and dymanics as well, for a little party rig I would get, set it and lock the front panel!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 11:32pm
Hence the reson i wana sell off my avc2 unit and get a dcx too. Iv got a dbmark version, dbx or something, but want a second LMS for my baby rack... even a cx3400 and have some change for a patch panel.. anyway as said you cant touch a 2nd hand dcx for the money. But if your scraping by for a basic crossover the cx3400 is the one to get.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2015 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

I've tried to set a simple 35hz HPF several times but to me it doesn't sound like it's doing anything

To hear a significant difference (with music at least) your subs would have to have quite a lot of output at those frequencies, in which case you'd probably be ok with a lower HPF - unless you were testing with sine waves in which case the difference would be more obvious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123