Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

amp suggestion for turbosound floodlight hf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: amp suggestion for turbosound floodlight hf
    Posted: 06 October 2015 at 7:52am
hey everyone, 

im just starting to get an amp rack together and after some help regarding turbo floods 

can anyone suggest a half decent amp to power the hf's?

rms is 50 watts each and peak is 125 each. 

want to have them tri amped to get the most out of them, going to be using a pair of void infinite 5's for the mid low and mid high drivers. 

ideally thinking ahead for something that could handle another pair of floods in the near future. 

i have looked at the void infinite 4 but it just seems a little too powerful for the job?

thanks! 
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 9:09am
Having lots of power on your Hf isn't a bad thing.
Inf4 would be fine if wanted a matching rack. Or a matrix xt800 can be found fairly cheap for a 1u solution?

Edited by Twiggy - 06 October 2015 at 9:18am
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 9:59am
Running the Hf of a floodlight with a void inf amp would be like putting cheap tyres on an R1. Yes it would work but do you really want to do that? Nah

You have a pair of possibly the best speakers ever made! Now give them the credit they deserve.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 12:00pm
Qsc Powerlight 1.0 or 1.4 :)
We need more SPL!
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 12:43pm
mc650
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 1:35pm
Lab gruppen or MC2 E series or if you can't afford that I know for a fact crest 001 series sounds really really good.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 1:47pm
I have used a Labgruppen FP2400Q (4ch) for highs and mid highs and a FP3400 for low -mids on my Floods with great results. 

PM me if you need any more info on the Floods 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:22pm
peter, do you ever find the mid driver runs out of headroom there? the 4ch labs wouldn't put much into a 16 ohm driver? have you ever run 2 in parallel off this amp? thanks.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:55pm
I use mc2 e15 cant fault it. And the PRC thing is really handy.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 7:08pm
i read your thread on buying the pair of e15s the other day.. did it turn out that one of them had a fault after all?

Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 7:45pm
Or even lab 500. I love qsc powerlight, reliable,lightweigth and sounds so bright, and very cheap if u compare with lab etc. I don't like sound of toroidial amps on tweeters or mids, sound like mud.
We need more SPL!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:27pm
Yeah one had some really really minor fault cant remember what exactly it was but it was a 30 pound fix. Probably happened in transport. Something went a bit loose.

Edited by Sypa - 06 October 2015 at 10:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>