Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

void basys vs martin f10/12's &s15's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: void basys vs martin f10/12's &s15's
    Posted: 08 October 2015 at 10:55pm
I'm after opinions on the void basys system against a pair of martin f10's/12's and a pair of s15's
so both systems are 2 tops 2 subs in this case we will say ran off the same amps/dsp 

what would you guys rather and why ? 

cheers

Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 9:34am
F12s - £700 a pair for decent condition
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 9:35am
Void are louder, Martin sound nicer.

That's my 2 pence from using them both..

Though get the S18s rather than the S15s if you go that route. There really isn't much profile difference and you will appreciate the lower extension and the castors!

Edited by Grubbah - 09 October 2015 at 9:36am
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 11:28am
Void Basys is not in production so you would be reliant on second hand items
savo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 8:19pm
really toasty , is there a new product other then the v2 basys  to take its place ?, I'm looking to buy second hand any how so not really a problem 
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 8:34pm
Yea the voids are loud for 15's but the martins sound much nicer . the voids are smaller box but i think maybe a little more heavy . 

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 9:55pm
Not that I know of at present. If there are it will likely be from amp modules in the cabs from existing products.
GorillaAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GorillaAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Grubbah Grubbah wrote:

Void are louder, Martin sound nicer.

That's my 2 pence from using them both..

Though get the S18s rather than the S15s if you go that route. There really isn't much profile difference and you will appreciate the lower extension and the castors!

Definitely agree with all of this. We have a Martin Blackline system (2xF12, 2x S18) and it sounds wicked even with no box correction EQ. Whilst its now Powered off a Powersoft M50q dsp, we used to happily send it out with just a matrix 4004EQ amp and use the crossover on that and it would sound awesome. The one thing i will say is that the tops can be a little unforgiving if you are are feeding them with bad source material. They really seem to attenuate any subtleties in musics, although i think this is a good thing. As a Live music system as well, its one of the best in its size. I also Agree about going for the 18's as well though. The Void is a little louder, but the amount of box correction Eq it takes to get it sounding half as good as the Martin is staggering. Also it depends what you are doing with it, but our Martin system predominately gets used for corporate work, small live gigs and weddings. Its kinda shitty, but the Martin badge here is way more recognised and accepted for these kind of jobs. 
George C - www.gorilla-audio.co.uk
savo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 9:17pm
thanks for your input guys, i had a basys and sold it when i needed money to help move .
now i want a little set up again just for my own use and have been offered  2x f10's and 2x s15's and so wanted to know how it compares 
 Post Reply Post Reply