Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WARNING !!! STRAVENS AUDIO A PURE THIEF MAN !!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING !!! STRAVENS AUDIO A PURE THIEF MAN !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

....it caused them massive headaches until they worked out it was easier just to pay.

^ This!

About the only way to hope of getting anything, making such a (legal) nuisance of yourself, that he pays up for a quiet life.

We have only had one knock in the last 10 years, which is pretty damn lucky, and we got 75% up front anyway. Basically they wound up, due to owing a plant hire co £10K plus. Plant hire co did winding up petition on day I raised my CCJ...

Long storey short, trawling through Companies House, yielded some old addresses, one of which was his Mum (or Wife or Sister).

Knowing he had vacated Business address, I sent CCJ stuff to several addresses, and hand delivered the one to his Mum's address. That caused him to threaten me! (Even though it was Mothering Sunday, and being a good lad, he had taken his mum out for lunch) But did get conversation going....His Mum was a Director of a previous (failed) business, and this chap needed his Mum to do Childcare for his kids. Little bit of digging starts generating some fun stuff, like he was captain of a local pub football team, left a copy in the pub for him too....Eventually got some money off him, just by being a pain in his arse.

At no point did I actually meet him, didn't need to do anything violent, or threat of violence, and just used information from public domain. SO, I did nothing criminal, and managed to get some wedge, with no great risk to my person.

Seems to me that Mr Stravens will have quite a bit of revealing detail that can also be used, in a similar way. No need for attack dogs or baseball bats, they all take 10-20% of whatever is recovered anyway, just keep digging, raking and embarrassing him, and affecting his current business until he can't trade?

Has he got anything where you can leave a "review" of his services, Yellow Pages (Yell) as much as facebook or trustpilot? May not help you get money back, but may help others not getting done over.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:53pm
Perhaps these guys would be best, they seem to be named appropriately for 'making a nuisance':
https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk
astroroots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 7:21pm
thanks all for the help.
The person i'm in contact is not a basic lawyer asking for money to do nothing, it's a contact  from a friend for ages that live in UK and wich is well aware of the good people to contact to find THE solution .

Anyway will never give up untill I'm refund or delivered.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 3:02am
He's claiming to be sole distro for SAE now. Any legs on that?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 8:59am
no lol... that said if he is buying the models listed, there the cheaper ones we looked at, but decided against.
https://www.elements-audio.com
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 12:44pm
Well, if he can afford to buy in brand new amps from China then obviously he has money in the bank to pay off all his previous customers that he ripped off--someone really needs to sort this tw-t big time.

Edited by Robbo - 21 March 2017 at 12:45pm
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

someone really needs to sort this tw-t big time.

It will never happen. Stravens is just doing what shortman did but 10 years later.

1st Get a name for yourself in the 'scene'.

2nd Deliver on time for 4 to 5 years to convince people your legit and know ya stuff.

3rd Play down all other system builders and get a 'select few' to lay on the real bullshit.

4th Get the 'select few' to now do the work for you in spreading your lies whilst boosting up your image in the 'scene'.

5th Sit back, take orders, take money, build nothing and leave the country.

6th Get the 'select few' to continue spreading the lies and justify why you could never of taken anyone for a ride and how you are a living god of design and and sip cocktails on a beach.

Shame no one on here pulled up shortman when he was taking everyone for a ride. This forum just sat back and bigged him up whilst he took to my knowledge over 100,000 quid from his victims. No wonder we have round 2 with someone else on the same trip.

Too many gullible people who won't play down someone whose in the 'scene'.

Edited by Aman Gebru - 24 March 2017 at 11:46am
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:01am
Just wow. I stress if I'm over 0.25mm in tolerance. How they can live with it on the conscience, got to wear you down and in reality I bet they are not as happy with thier choices as you make out.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:45am
[QUOTE=Aman Gebru]Too many gullible people who won't play down someone whose in the 'scene'./QUOTE]

Gullibility is the real issue. Any confidence trixter or con-man needs to find a victim with a degree of gullibility, or at least a suggestive vulnerability.

I am, I think, at the very opposite end of the spectrum. Problem is, I am so paranoid about everyone I deal with having the potential to rip me off, that I would rather turn down work, rather than risk a "knock". Being too risk adverse is also a problem.

Luckily, the number of Stravens and Shortmans in this world is low, most people's default position of trusting in others is actually fine, 99.999% of the time. Look at something like Ebay. Yes, we all hear about the dicks, it makes good column/forum inches. No one is going to write a long post about a transaction that went fine with no problems. No one would care, or read it.

Same with media in general; parents are paranoid about paedophiles on every street corner, because news storeys about a paedo or two sells papers. It would be quite a boring news item to say that 64.5 Million people are not paedo, did not steal a child, and quietly went about there daily grind without doing anything odd.

So, for the good of the heard mentality and the common good, sharing stories about the bad people out there helps to "vaccinate" the heard against that threat, but it also erodes trust in everyone else.

Bit of common sense is probably required, bit of query as to why is this person saying this, this way, to me; what is their angle? And then risk assess. What do I do to mitigate the risk (credit card?), and worst case, walk away.

I bought some TVs off the internet for an install. Price was far to good to be true, site was weird, English and German addresses were courier logistics warehouses, but a Chech company, owned by an Indian syndicate, alarm bells ringing. Paid by credit card. Goods arrived as promised, and are what they claim to be, so all good. Perhaps my paranoia was misplaced but I mitigated my risk to cover me. If it had gone tits up, do CC charge back.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 4:02pm
shortman is back building, under another name.
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

maybe you could elaborate on that so people can be at least be weary when dealing with him given his past exploits
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by krazyneil krazyneil wrote:

Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

maybe you could elaborate on that so people can be at least be weary when dealing with him given his past exploits

The people who buy from him no its him, he has been seen regular on the scene over the last year.

All I will say is people use services like this because there cheap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>