Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funktion One F218 Mk1 vs. Mk2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieleither Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funktion One F218 Mk1 vs. Mk2
    Posted: 09 February 2016 at 1:58am
What are the fundamental differences between the MK1 F218's and MK2?

The MK2's seem to fetch around twice the amount of money used, are they really 'that' much better?
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 7:01am
Different drivers, mk 1 units have PD's & mk 2 have Fanes. Obviously not off the shelf drivers!Probably allot of MK1 clones about, Mk2's have propper badges etc unlike the early 218's. You shouldnt be paying more than 700-800 for a mk1 box loaded with PD's and about a grand for a mint mk2 box.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 8:24am
Many of the MK1 and brass plaque 218's ive had through my hands over the years have been fane loaded with a driver that bears remarkable likeness to the old 18B400 colossus. There are plenty PD loaded around too.
All the MK2's should have fanes installed if my memory is correct.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
danieleither View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieleither Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 2:18pm
Interesting point on the price... I've not seen any MK2's advertised for less than £2k a piece so far...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 4:31pm
Matt storm has some for just over a grand a box
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 4:32pm
other than the uprated driver are the mk2s actually different in construction though? they're the same outside size, they have the different bracing with the holes in it..
mi mong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi mong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 5:50pm

also what is the score on the f221 cabs as I have seen some for sale at GDS with different centre brace  is this mk1 and mk2 ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUNKTION-ONE-F-221-BASS-ENCLOSURE-4-AVAILABLE-/361422950834?hash=item54267c91b2

Edited by mi mong - 09 February 2016 at 5:53pm
i went out today in my dressing gown......
danieleither View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieleither Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Matt storm has some for just over a grand a box

Thanks - I tried to PM you but couldn't find an option. Who is Matt Storm? I searched this name in forum users to no avail...
Mystik SoundHire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystik SoundHire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 7:10pm
Guys, i have 6 x F218 MK1 loaded with Fane, but let me tell you that  there is MK1's with Fane and PD, early versions of the MK1 had PD in it. All this price tags you guys talk of here are BS. The MK2's have the drivers inverted for better airflow/cooling and the middle brace change it adds 1db more (from what someone told me)
Also, all recone kits for MK1 & MK2's are PD. fits in both Fane & PD drivers.

PS- Matt Storm have MK1's for sale, not MK2's...
https://www.facebook.com/MystikSoundHire

6x F218's
4x Rez2's
F1 X01 / FFA Powered
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 8:18pm
24 boxes says im not talking shite..you just have to deal with the rite people thats all.A fool and his money and all that. Even if Matts are mk1's they've got fresh mk3 drivers, i think id suffer a grand a cab just for some braces and a very debatable 1db!

Edited by boots-hifi - 09 February 2016 at 8:35pm
Mystik SoundHire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystik SoundHire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 8:48pm
I am not here for arguments, simply stating the facts, you can have as much boxes as you want but the fact that you mentioned those prices, only shows how much you care for the brand. The drivers alone cost more then the numbers you saying on the MK1's... People buy what they can afford, and Seller, puts up his own price.. You on other hand give false hope to people. The braces are an update to the cabs, and also have some modifications inside to suit the driver upside down. If you want to pay a grand more or not, it's your problem. Matt's drivers are the old Fanes with the new PD recones, and not MK3 drivers like you saying... He even mention that they have been painted... Hope this clears your facts.
https://www.facebook.com/MystikSoundHire

6x F218's
4x Rez2's
F1 X01 / FFA Powered
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 10:43pm
Not really, facts are second hand boxes do and will come up for the price i have payed for them. Its got nothing to do with respecr for a brand, if someone offers me 4 boxes for 3k im not going to turn it down nor am i going to offer the seller another 2k just so people can keep prices up. Ive just seen a pair of mint r4s go for 2k a box, yet others will try and flog them per unit at this price. Who's the idiot? Me for getting a deal or the bloke dreaming he can make 80% back on a pair of cabs after a fair bit of use? Its a buyers market, PA these days is dirt cheap and im not for one second saying that F1 shouldnt warrent high prices but nobody likes getting shafted even the seller.
 Post Reply Post Reply