Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18TBX100 in Gsub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18TBX100 in Gsub
    Posted: 12 February 2016 at 5:25pm
I have opportunity to buy an empty Gsub cab for a low price and I already got 2x these big boys. What I'd like to do is to use these two B&Cs to reproduce the kick bass 90-180Hz (I've already stick the other two in scoops for subwoofer) is it a suitable combo?
Followin' the vibes
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 6:59pm
Yes the 18TBX100 will work fine in the GSub for general purpose bass (e.g. 40-120Hz) but I don't think using that combo for 90-180 is a good plan.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 8:01pm
it will work but wont be the best
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 1:14am
Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

it will work but wont be the best

It's my first reggae rig so I thing that I'll use it, because of the low low cost of this solution, I'll put it in the list of things to change as soon as possible Smile
Followin' the vibes
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 9:59am
The drivers are good but you'd be better off aiming to have either all 4 in GSubs or all 4 in scoops, then something more suited to the kick region.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 10:03am
follow that advice, you may get away like that for beginning, and when you expand the rig, you can put the 4 tbx in scoops
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

The drivers are good but you'd be better off aiming to have either all 4 in GSubs or all 4 in scoops, then something more suited to the kick region.
yes when I'll upgrade that will be the rig! This is just a midway solution, then I'll put some other speakers in the Gsub
Followin' the vibes
Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 3:26pm
However, shall I cover some internal parts of the Gsub with foam? Now is naked wood
Followin' the vibes
Explicit 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2016 at 3:22pm
How much does used G Subs (18") go for, unloaded and loaded?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply