Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the lowest frequency speaker/speakers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micronuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

£1500 plus.... takes 3 people to lift it off the ground.

big man lift them on his own no need for 3 man business !!  LOLLOL

Now we would have the additional cost's of hiring a bodybuilder / strongman LOLLOL

bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:24pm
lol, defo no need for the gym, building em, best work out I had in years...
https://www.elements-audio.com
micronuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micronuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

lol, defo no need for the gym, building em, best work out I had in years...

LOLLOL

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:53pm
didn't opus jody do some 24" reflex a few years back too?
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:21pm
Jody's - they were a double box if I remember correctly.
aztec2step View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aztec2step Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 11:11pm
If $$$ no issue I'm guessing m-force (powersoft) or some as yet unreleased solution using moving magnet linear actuator/servodrive/etc combined with some kind of closed loop control - differential pressure (already out there), position feedback/PID loop, both etc. That would give you maximum motor force (combined with appropriate cone/box design) and far better ability to cool the coils --->more power handling per box. Ipal /Mforce are already out there, others are almost certainly in development. Not going to be cheap though, and might make you about as popular with venues as leftfield back in the day :p
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 11:51pm
Saxon have double 24" reflex boxes loaded with PD drivers, never sounded that great to me.

TBH if its just the lowest notes your interested in I would forget about cabs designed for PA use & have a look at cinema subs, there are some double 18's out there that are tuned to play flat from 16hz to 60hz at pretty high SPL levels, they mainly use specially designed drivers with huge X-max that are totally unsuitable for anything other than infra sub i.e. making explosions, helicopters etc shake a cinema rather than for anything requiring musicality.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 11:52pm

Tried these for the first time last weekend. Very nice and low. Certainly happy with late twenties and is tuned to 19hz/-3db of 22hz. Driver FS is 32hz though so magnets can certainly warm up with that hpf on 25hz and a 28hz parametric boost.

Edited by el chupacabra - 28 April 2016 at 11:53pm
micronuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micronuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

Saxon have double 24" reflex boxes loaded with PD drivers, never sounded that great to me.

Is it me or do these boxes not look no where big enough for 2 x 24" drivers? That could be why they don't sound to good?
micronuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micronuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 10:05am
Originally posted by el chupacabra el chupacabra wrote:

Tried these for the first time last weekend. Very nice and low. Certainly happy with late twenties and is tuned to 19hz/-3db of 22hz. Driver FS is 32hz though so magnets can certainly warm up with that hpf on 25hz and a 28hz parametric boost.

Personally I don't like the back of the driver showing, makes me feel weird aha! 
micronuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micronuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 10:07am
Originally posted by aztec2step aztec2step wrote:

If $$$ no issue I'm guessing m-force (powersoft) or some as yet unreleased solution using moving magnet linear actuator/servodrive/etc combined with some kind of closed loop control - differential pressure (already out there), position feedback/PID loop, both etc. That would give you maximum motor force (combined with appropriate cone/box design) and far better ability to cool the coils --->more power handling per box. Ipal /Mforce are already out there, others are almost certainly in development. Not going to be cheap though, and might make you about as popular with venues as leftfield back in the day :p

The new technology looks very interesting but the trouble is if the price is so expensive, everyone is going to need to take out a mortgage in order to have it. LOLLOL
AlmostSalty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlmostSalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 10:09am
Louis, (tv00) on here did as a pair of 21" tapped horns last year, they were quite interesting.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>