Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DB Mark Gain Increments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DB Mark Gain Increments
    Posted: 23 May 2016 at 9:51pm
Been having a play at the weekend with a db Mark DP24, was comparing it against a XTA 226 and a Ultradrive. And i must say it stood up very well against the XTA, sounded very good indeed, certainly an improvement on the ultradrive. 
The one thing that was surprising though was that i couldn't adjust the input or output gains by less than 1db increments, both on the unit and via the software. Now I'm hoping this isn't the case and I'm missing something, hence this post. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really like the unit however this is currently stopping it being an option. 

Cheers
Ryan

Edited by Ryan94 - 23 May 2016 at 9:57pm
Hi-Fen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hi-Fen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Ryan94 Ryan94 wrote:

Been having a play at the weekend with a db Mark DP24, was comparing it against a XTA226 and a Ultradrive. And i must say it stood up very well against the XTA, sounded very good indeed, certainly an improvement on the ultradrive. 
The one thing that was surprising though was that i couldn't adjust the input or output gains by less than 1db increments, both on the unit and via the software. Now I'm hoping this isn't the case and I'm missing something, hence this post. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really like the unit however this is currently stopping it being an option. 

Cheers
Ryan

Sounded good didn't it Wink

But yes, it's really got us stuck - the software only seems to do 1db increments on input and output gains and there's no sub menu that I know of to change the step.

Very strange as Blue Aran and the dB Mark site quote a 0.1db step......

Hoping someone with some more experience with these can shed some light!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:33pm
Got to ask, realistically do you NEED finer than 1dB gain settings?  Can you hear smaller than 1dB differences?
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 1:39pm
I find it useful for somethings, eg setting amp outputs to 2.83V to the nearest 0.1dB.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:13pm
Surprised no one's answered this yet. There's plenty of people out there using them now.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:34pm
I can confirm input resolution is 1 dB
I've checked this a few minutes ago
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
 Post Reply Post Reply