Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hornloaded System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

If you array and process them correctly , there shouldn't be any phase problems. 
Maybe look at turbosound floodlight. Those are great tops. 

This is not a question of correct processing. To make sure for understanding I talk about phasing problems (constructive and destructive interference) which is a given of cabinet construction and physics.
I want a Cluster that acts as a single one and not as interfering cabinets. And that should be combined with a tight Impulse Response.
MartinL999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 4:59pm
Not all of them, especially when talking about a line Array System.
A fully hornloaded line Array could also fit the Needs. But I see that even a Budget of 100000€ is maybe limited and more is impossible for us.
Is there any DIY Project for hornloaded line Arrays? 
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2016 at 10:38pm
Hmm. I sent a private message but seems that you don't have enough points to actually see them. You need 4 more posts to be able to see them but i have a cost efficient solution for you...
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 12:00pm
Buy some turbosound aspect, get smaart v8 and FIR and IIR filter processors, something like dolby lake.
I'm sure you will get good results then. 
We need more SPL!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 5:25pm
Where did my message go?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 5:32pm
I think marketing on the forum is not allowed. 
We need more SPL!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 7:00pm
Then please let us delete like half the posts on the forum.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 12:36pm
It would be great to have a technial discussion here and not a member war!

I see there are several Turbosound Aspect products. Which of them do you recommend? Is the yellow special horn grid a wave former to allow for good arrayability?
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 2:11pm
I would say, build some Lab horns and good kick bins and go for turbosound ta 880/ 890. Get some decent amps and processing and you won't be disappointed! It will also work out cheaper than a full brand system I guess.. 
We need more SPL!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 2:29pm
I read that the Labhorns do have a lot of problems with the 12" Lab driver. Are there other 12" driver with more power?

The Polyhorn looks great. I have to find the possibility to listen to your recommendation.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

I would say, build some Lab horns and good kick bins and go for turbosound ta 880/ 890. Get some decent amps and processing and you won't be disappointed! It will also work out cheaper than a full brand system I guess.. 

Yes, and it will probably have zero resale value.

There are pros and cons DIY vs BUY. Both have it own merit. So if you do have a budget going with branded system will have additional value always.

Getting a full system with a full manufacturer support is something you will never get with a DIY system.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinL999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 11:35pm
I think the Turbosound Aspect look really great. I mean or TMS are not bad and with room to improve it could work.

A horn loaded 2x15" subwoofer would be nice as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>