Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Notting Hill Carnival 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:46am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

This made me laugh...i know we all had to start somewhere,but.....and talking of butts... Approve

oversized tweetersLOL
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 11:47am
If I am truthful, I didn't even notice the 'hifi' speakers on the window ledge....LOL
In bass no one can hear you scream!
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 6:36pm
Those  "hi-fi" speakers look a bit like the ones I have comprising my lightweight DIY ghettoblaster.
They are (going out on a limb here), quite possibly the worst speakers ever discussed on this forum.

They have a "full-range" 5" or so driver with a weedy magnet mounted in a - ahem - reflex enclosure made of some stuff - not even 9mm - I'd say about 7mm -  that seems like a cross between fibreboard and cardboard, and covered in silver-coloured plastic coating of some sort. There's also a fake tweeter-looking thing on the outer plastic bezel. The big advantage though is they're very very light weight. Flatmate (who is thoroughly speaker illiterate) fished out of a skip and asked me if they were any use :-) .... well they _were_ . No-one admits to makin' em ..... reckon they would have come with a Argos £19.99 music centre :-)

Anyway - I glued em together end-to-end - put a handle on em, and mounted a Lepai 2020 + 12V 5Ah LiPo pack on there :-)

Well - that thing was in fact at NHC yesterday. Sparked it up on the platform and on the train on the way over from Hackney Central with some hard-core soca ..... and err  - well it went down rather well :-) .
Ditto after 7pm - wound up hanging out for quite a while and attracting a good few drunken carnivallers - and precipated a helluva party on the train back over to Hackney ..... damn should have taken some video :-)

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Shortrope Shortrope wrote:

Elements audio bespoke horns and kicks.
Quake double 21" subs.
Heaviest bass on the road!!

best sounding float by far!!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 8:55pm
looking at those splay angles and the fact the outer tops shoot straight at the lorry structure/canvas makes me sad.. bet they would sound much better deployed properly?! no doubt its not lacking bass though :)

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 8:59pm
Thanks for those pictures APC.
As Ian said, some nice old classics in there...

boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

SYSTEM BANGER Wink

boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by godge godge wrote:

Quake double 21" subs.

Probably 3 would have been better than 4 Alex in this case, however sometimes more is more if you get me? Photo was probably taken due in a down pore so the side wouldn't have been an issue however I do tend to agree with the centre 2 tops combing like a gay man before a roman massage brothel. Either way ginger spice was having fun.

Edited by boots-hifi - 30 August 2016 at 10:19pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 12:42am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

looking at those splay angles and the fact the outer tops shoot straight at the lorry structure/canvas makes me sad.. bet they would sound much better deployed properly?! no doubt its not lacking bass though :)

only hf on one of the center boxes was on... due to not being able to correctly angle them, as I designed the tops, the angles were correct on the outer two...

choice was... array square and have massive comb filtering, or angle and have a bit of bounce from lorry structure... some times we have to compromise...
https://www.elements-audio.com
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 9:27am
Originally posted by godge godge wrote:

Quake double 21" subs.

Godge, those are Ben's new bins that I mentioned on your thread.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 9:52am
Any pictures of amp racks &  mixers etc. Wink
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

only hf on one of the center boxes was on... due to not being able to correctly angle them, as I designed the tops, the angles were correct on the outer two...

choice was... array square and have massive comb filtering, or angle and have a bit of bounce from lorry structure... some times we have to compromise...

:) sorry, yeah, just meant the middle ones non existing splay.. would 3 cabs properly arrayed not been a much better option?
Congrats to finally finishing this line of cabs though Ben! Looking good and bet they sound great too after all that effort you put in them :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>