Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best scoop to run in singles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best scoop to run in singles
    Posted: 30 August 2016 at 12:41am
Hi, which design would work well in singles one a side. it would be for all types of music which has led me towards hogs, drivers will probably be some PD chassis turbosound drivers out of some turbo BPHs.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 3:02am
if you are set to use those salvaged drivers you mention, you have to ask the question backwards - what kind of design is going to fit these drivers. Find the precise model designation and ask in the general forum for a suitable design.
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 11:37am
they are turbosound LS1812 drivers from a bandpass horn, built by PD with a 5 inch VC which sugests they have a high BL. I would say they are similar to the PD.188, not that powerfull, not much x max but with a high motor strength and  smooth cone for horn loading.

Edited by feliz - 30 August 2016 at 11:39am
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by feliz feliz wrote:

they are turbosound LS1812 drivers from a bandpass horn, built by PD with a 5 inch VC which sugests they have a high BL. I would say they are similar to the PD.188, not that powerfull, not much x max but with a high motor strength and  smooth cone for horn loading.
In that case youcoul build a BPH.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 6:01pm
if it would drop down low in singles which i doubt.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 6:31pm
Scoops don't go low in singles either.

If you need low notes with a minimum amount of cabs, build reflex.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 8:17pm
I feared this, reflex is just so damm boring. i thought i could get at least to 35Hz with a single scoop a side.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 8:40pm
haha, most scoops wont reach 35 even in blocks of 4 up lol.. and thats with the right driver which those 1812s are not..

your best bet is a 6th order BP to achive that, still with correct driver..
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 8:51pm
in that case i might try to build some funktion res 1.5 style cabs with an 18 reflex, horn 8 and a super tweeter.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 9:06pm
18" will hardly ever meet the 8" properly.. (dispersion/resolution..)

feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 9:16pm
people forget how high an 18 will go in a reflex, funktion one used an 18 and a 5 to make a fullrange cab.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 9:20pm
yeah, possibly works on axis.. fullstop..
its a "crap" idea imo..!

(best you try the 18" in a simple cab playing that high and listen with your own ears..)

Edited by bass*en*mass - 31 August 2016 at 3:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>