Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucky find.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 5:55pm

LOL  i picked up these pair of mini's and the cerwin vega prostax's for about the same price as a used xb driver Wink
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 6:38pm
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 7:35pm
On Monday, drove to brum and picked up a Maui 5.1m2 sail, a gun mega race slalom 6.5 sail, a Bic 7.5m fully cammed sail, 3 masts, inc 2 full carbon, 2 nice booms with harness lines, and a mistral equipe 2 in board bag, with no damage.

For £100.Big smile

Sod sound for fun, I'm off windsurfing.....(mid life crisis)
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

On Monday, drove to brum and picked up a Maui 5.1m2 sail, a gun mega race slalom 6.5 sail, a Bic 7.5m fully cammed sail, 3 masts, inc 2 full carbon, 2 nice booms with harness lines, and a mistral equipe 2 in board bag, with no damage.

For £100.Big smile

Offfft! Mid life "Bad Back" Crisis inbound!!!! 
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

For £100.Big smile

Windsurfing harness mate! Loop of rope hangs off the boom, you wear a harness, with a hook on front, which you sit in, transfers all the effort to your backside. The more you sit down, the faster you can go...

Arms and upper torso are left just to fine trim the sail, feet steer and maintain aspect of board in water, arse takes the load!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 9:07pm
Stop it, sounds like proper fun and I'm near Woolacombe beach
It's everything, not everythink!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 9:13pm
I was pretty decent as a teenager, "fat is fast" in windsurf land....

I did some single sail hobi catamaran sailing whilst on holiday this year, and i could steer that, and get some good speed up, and get back to shore, whilst most others needed rescueing back to shore!

My aim, subject to time on water, is to get match fit over winter, and enter the "round Hayling Island" easter race. I have the right board for it, may/will need a bigger sail, but, subject to muscle memory, my technique should get me round.

Worstcase, I flog it back on ebay for £100+ and hobble away. £100 should buy a nice zimmer frame....
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 9:15pm

Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

For £100.Big smile

Windsurfing harness mate! Loop of rope hangs off the boom, you wear a harness, with a hook on front, which you sit in, transfers all the effort to your backside. The more you sit down, the faster you can go...

Arms and upper torso are left just to fine trim the sail, feet steer and maintain aspect of board in water, arse takes the load!

Ahhh fair enough... I just have bad memories of trying it as a kid! cheap kit and nowhere near enough strength! It was an easy decision to not take it up as a hobby lol 
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123