Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 enclosure design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 6:01pm
Thats a shame :-D
Hope you like them after you test them. I found these to be superb compared to previous B&C versions.
The bad side is that now they spoiled me with 21DS115. The speaker looks like "business." Or rather GORE. ;-D
Two 18SW115 are stronger still, so be careful of yourself at home. We dont want to loose you.

Edited by Crashpc - 14 January 2017 at 6:02pm
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:19pm
First results with the recommended enclosure from the b&c website was disapointing. 
Not much SPL and overal not good sound reproduction.

Next weekend I will also build a TH-18 tot do some testing.
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:09pm
That´s weird. It should do a lot. Of course, not very sensitive driver, but goes deep easily. Also modern high-Bl drivers with higher impedance need higher voltages and equalization to drive these at rated powers. Conventional usage is not a way to go for best outcome with these.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

First results with the recommended enclosure from the b&c website was disapointing. 
Not much SPL and overal not good sound reproduction.

Next weekend I will also build a TH-18 tot do some testing.

B&C SUB 18 needs heavy bracing inside to stop panels from resonating! This is really important especialy with this monster driver!
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 7:54am
ive A&B the 2 differant cabs ,the b&c sub & this mini scoop,..ok the sub was a lot smaller but also a 3rd of the output of the scoop,. to me that speaker was a waste in that b&c sub,.probably good for the smaller b&c's but not the sw,.try & get your hands on a mini scoop,i suppose the tapped horn would work aswell but as marko said,, what ever cab you go for you need some real solid bracing,.Thumbs Up

Edited by BASSHORSE - 17 January 2017 at 7:57am
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:09am
And whatever your findings may be, if you want to test them in some huge(1x1x0.6m) tapped horns to see what they can do, i am still curious how these drivers would perform in my Tapped horns. Where are you from?
Best regards,
Teun.
osse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:24am
Those mini scoops look rather big still, how many liters is that one, 400?

I've built a pair of keystones with these drivers that I use atm, monster output very clean sounding, solid nice kick 100-110 hz.

Could bark a bit more tho to my taste for techno but I guess it's due to the low distortion.. sounds different compared to my flh's which has a nice compression bark up close and more 'snappy' sound but not even close in output at a little less than double the liters(I have four t30 3012lf loaded, eight would probably be somewhat equivalent with two keystones)
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 10:50am
The used design was the S18CN from the B&C site, and was build with the recommended bracing. 

The TH-18 is preferred with it's dimensions.

@Teunos I'm from Helden (near Venlo) ;)
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 5:20pm
Th-18 it is! The output was very nice, and deep enough.
They will have a full grill, and two m20 plates for a top cabinet (what will be the next project).

The panels for the cabinet will be done by a professional company.
Paint and overal finish will be done by myself.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 7:10am
pics or it didn't happen....
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:24pm
ya pic please
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 7:50pm
Unfortanetely I have no pics from the TH-18 EmbarrassedDisapprove

But I have some of the recommended B&C enclosure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>