Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 enclosure design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 8:46pm
you currently have no pictures of your ready build th-18 or of your sub18... the two boxes you test AND build to which you're going to use one of and maybe build a pair of?

come on dude... get your phone camera out and let's have a butchers at ya handy work...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

you currently have no pictures of your ready build th-18 or of your sub18... the two boxes you test AND build to which you're going to use one of and maybe build a pair of?

come on dude... get your phone camera out and let's have a butchers at ya handy work...

The panels for the cabinet will be done by a professional company.
Paint and overal finish will be done by myself.

I take it the cabs have gone back to the Professionals , Cool
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:08pm
I was just trying to pull the guys chain a little... we all love looks at fresh cabs! I haven't seen a fresh th-18 in a long time......

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:43pm
I understand that you want to see some pics ;)
Tomorrow I will post the pictures of the B&C cab.

Why don't I build them myself? I just don't have the right equipment, and the goal is pro finish cabs. That's the reason I will only do the finish (paint, grill, assembly of driver handles etc.)

Ps: on a dutch forum there are some nice TH-18's with powersoft plate amps ;)
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 8:01pm
A small update Smile

The processing for the complete system will be done by a Xilica XP3060.
For amplification I am thinking of a fp14000 (copy)Ermm and a fp10000q for the top cabinets.

And I bought a pair B&C DE800 drivers with two 18sound XR1496 horns.
I also have a pair B&C 12NW76 drivers laying around, but they don't sim great in a reflex enclosure.
The top cabinet wil be the next project Embarrassed 

A pic of the DE800 (with horn) and a 12NW76.

And a pic of the S18CN.

I have two more foto's, but since the build I have a new phone Cry

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 8:21pm
Nice! 12NW76 speakers are very sensitive and loud, but sure, don´t go low. I would not hesitate to equalize these heavily though. It can take some excursion.

I finally made my decision and bought 21DS115. Behaves very well, I´d say the same as 18SW115, except for that it goes few Hz lower.

Let us know how do you feel about your S18CN build after some burn-in.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 8:22pm
Yup, the nw76 isnt a great reflex driver. Mine are in sealed monitors. They dont drop very low, but produce a very nice tight punchy sound very well suited as vocal stage monitors. Definitely always require a sub when used as tops in a pa system.
Best regards,
Teun.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 10:14pm
Yeah, that value of Qts says although they will work in a reflex box and it'll be fairly small, you'll never get any significant low end out of them. But I bet they are good for vocals and fast transients, very strong motor in that relatively small driver with strong damping. I bet they'd make a good horn driver too with the right design.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 10:32pm
The top cabs will only be used 100 Hz and up. So maybe the 12NW76 wil work. The aim is a small 12/1.4 reflex cab. The nw76 sims good enough tuned at 80 Hz but de cab would be +-26 L, that's pretty small, and the xr1496/de800 is pretty deep.

I am going to simulate some cabs with winISD, and in the end I will build a test cab.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 10:53am
I'm thinking of a different low/mid driver for the top cabinet. Any reccomendations?
The relfex cab will be tw audio m8 style but then 12" format. 
The reason is because I can place flying brackets on the side for an U brace.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 10:14am
Probably the 12NW76 will be sold and as a replacement I was thinking of the RCF MB12N405. 
It can handle double the power, and sims better tuned at 60 Hz (almost 3 dB louder).

I hope the TH-18 subs are done by next week.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:00pm
After some busy weeks I finaly had time to build something!

First cabinet is ready for sanding and a nice paintjob.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>