Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

turbosound TFL 760 ( mid highs)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: turbosound TFL 760 ( mid highs)
    Posted: 01 November 2016 at 12:11pm
just wondered what the going rate for a pair of these is at the moment
cheers 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 12:31pm
£1000-1200 is normally whats advertised. Ive just sold a later pair in really good condition with original grills and original drivers for £1000 cash.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 2:14pm
got any more boots loool 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 2:20pm
they're a real bargain these days.
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 2:22pm
are they really that cheap now, ours were £1500 a pair

surely for £1k a pair there cant be much for value for money

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 5:16pm
I think the fact that F1 Res series has become more avalible on the secondhand market as companies stocking F1 are moving over to EVO boxes has now flooded the market with second hand Turbo boxes. I should imagen allot of those boxes have come from free party crews taking advantage of the now avalible F1 kit or maybe companies are just moving old stock. Eithet way yes they're cheap now, if you think back to 5 years ago people were selling home brew MT122's for more than that makes you realise what a steal they are.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 5:33pm
or what a bad state the industry is in... defo a bargain...
https://www.elements-audio.com
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 5:39pm
they're 20 years old and they still sound good. although they need a good few amp channels, they're very very efficient. and they're a managable size and format. just wish they went that little bit lower.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 5:54pm
I think they've had there day in terms of pro use tbh. People want to see other kit in venues and festivals.Yes they sound good but compaired to allot of todays kit they dont stand out.
Sim=bient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim=bient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:41pm
As far as I am concerned the floods are still very much one of the best tools for the job on a price/performance ratio.

I have training in Martin MLA as well as a relationship with D&b, Meyer and l,acoustics, I use all the new 'pro' stuff as does any engineer these days for bigger stages/festivals, of course we do because that's now the industry standard.

Then it's a question of application, few want to fly a spherical array so line area is more appropriate, despite Tony's un-pro outbursts over the years,

However for the gigs I enjoy engineering the most 300-2000 I will keep my floods, thank you very much, and have no worries getting paid, ergo still very much pro.

I use audio science, math and ears to decide what will give me a 'pro' result...anything less is a prestige attitude and useless for making informed decisions.

If you want lightness and lower freq response, there are 3 way cabs like the Martin W3 etc, but for shear efficiency and clear transient reproduction at a stupidly reasonable price. = TFL760HT
Define stand out? Sounds a little ambiguous to me unlike the floods which have had all ambiguity removed in that I know exactly what to expect ;)

You can hardly buy a decent 12" 1" brand new for £750

Suggest something more pro for £750, oh wait you can't because it doesn't exist.

Edited by Sim=bient - 06 December 2016 at 4:19pm
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 4:18pm
Love the floodlight!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 5:45pm
The Floodlights still outplay most stuff out there and i still love mine every time they are fired up.

The negative is that spare parts for 12" and 6,5" are very expensive. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>