Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Mixer - Delay / Lag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 2:08pm
They have to get over the (delayed) sound of the mains.
I use drum screens a lot for this. Monitors can go way down. they also stop the flying beer.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Its mad how loud DJ's have their monitors, If I am running a system from side of stage and the DJ turns the booth down I normally jump out of my camping chair and spill my hot chocolate.
Either their hearing is knackard or they are using moulds.

loco dice, in a 500 cap venue recently :

2x ARCS
1x SB28 a side! 

we had only a little more for the main PA 

Edited by brokenjoe - 10 January 2017 at 7:22pm
error 404
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 8:34pm
I had a 12+1 in a small booth, the horn was literally 18 inches from the dj's left ear, the only amp I had available to power it was ever so slightly too powerful but it didn't matter 'cos I'd keep an eye on it'. Anyway, I had to leave the venue for a while only to have a phone call about 20 minutes later to say the monitor's stopped working. When I strip it down to have a look the voicecoil on the 12 has burned up so badly it's completely jammed in the gap and the diaphragm in the CD has shattered. Completely my fault as I had the monitor hooked up to an amp about three times too powerful with no limiting and left the djs too it, however, the volume in the booth must have been absolutely ridiculous, or the dj was deaf....
geoSal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoSal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Its mad how loud DJ's have their monitors, If I am running a system from side of stage and the DJ turns the booth down I normally jump out of my camping chair and spill my hot chocolate.
Either their hearing is knackard or they are using moulds.

loco dice, in a 500 cap venue recently :

2x ARCS
1x SB28 a side! 

we had only a little more for the main PA 

Oh we also did loco dice last year.I doubt if he really understand any difference between arcs or any other speaker system.His sound guy asked for the l acoustics network with amps during soundcheck.The only thing he did is take the sub all the way up which ,we could do from the  H3000 mixer since it was on another aux send.Of course he didnt even notice that the horns from the arcs were the other way around..Confused
anyway ,funny guys ,shitty music.Nice mixer though..

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 11:05pm
Can tell im getting old, Ive never even heard of Loco Dice!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
geoSal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoSal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 11:33pm
Believe me you dont miss anything,I learnt about him at the event
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 3:33am
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

would having the RTA on constantly effect it? 

if i've got MCs i always have a spectragraph running to catch when they invariably stand in front of Main FOH 

I doubt that is where your problem lies but you could y split a signal into it so the mains bypass it.

have you measured the delay? if so what was the result?
VentureSound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VentureSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 8:04am
You could just use the booth output on the DJ mixer! Smile
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 9:32am
"I had a 12+1 in a small booth,"

Or how about 4 x 15" Eons getting burned out by a dj at a place here. Now that´s what I call friggin´ deaf.    Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 11:17am
booth output is fine until there's a couple of feature mcs or singers and you need to route them to monitor too.. then booth gets routed through a desk of some kind.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by VentureSound VentureSound wrote:

You could just use the booth output on the DJ mixer! Smile

i do, they go through their own channel on a pre fade, and out the Aux to the mons 

just so i can EQ if needed 
error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by geoSal geoSal wrote:

Oh we also did loco dice last year.I doubt if he really understand any difference between arcs or any other speaker system.His sound guy asked for the l acoustics network with amps during soundcheck.The only thing he did is take the sub all the way up which ,we could do from the  H3000 mixer since it was on another aux send.Of course he didnt even notice that the horns from the arcs were the other way around..Confused
anyway ,funny guys ,shitty music.Nice mixer though..

his engineer was pretty clued up to be fair to him, did he bring the new play differently mixer?

nice, but had to open it up, as some of the plastic bits had fallen off from the board, and were rattling around.. brand new out the box!
error 404
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>