Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 4 channel amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

Scarily close to the truth in some cases...

yes, but technicians need to understand that many (of us) are operating to amateur level, just for passion, and probably dont know so much of everything, yet love music, and can get carried away by the moment while doing their thing, and thats not just PA work, but you're kind of engineering your soundsystem while DJing at the same time, and maybe some singing too.

so there is a chance to ruin any system not just reggae with a preamp, if you dont know what you do. Go to events and listen.

That is otally out of topic when talking about amplifiers, just maybe some amps are more prone to get broken when tortured, others resist...

With time things get better.
Now lots of reggae soundsystems play to a very good level, without losing their 'original', 'authentic' sound, certainly better that 5 years ago and at the time they were progressing from 10 years ago, and so on...
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:03am
Quote they use this so caller preamps (basically a hyped eq unit) and boost like 10db at 40hz on 1500W amp that is pushing 800W speaker.

I like the way some people here put all the preamp owner (in this thread) or scoop owner (other threads) in the same basket. Some roots/reggae sound play with no preamp (but more classic PA way), some withe a pre and a lms, some with high end modern amps (powersoft ffa etc). Some play with custom monoblocks amps from the 80s some play with torroidals ... some use PA boxes, others custom boxes, some phase-align their system, some just build boxes throwing in whatever drivers they have... But we all do it for the love of music not for a living, so yes maybe you've seen roots sounds that you did not like but please stop being so condescending towards all of us.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:07am
I think the term, "keeping it real" should be removed from all hip hop dictionaries and given to the Reggae/Roots scene.  Hats off to you all.Thumbs Up
It's everything, not everythink!
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:16am
Hats off to everyone doing what they love in a lovely way !
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

But we all do it for the love of music not for a living, so yes maybe you've seen roots sounds that you did not like but please stop being so condescending towards all of us.

Unfortunately, this is what happens, when people consider themselves experts, on things they know nothing about..
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 11:44am
So you say that what i have said is not true?
You dont boost low end to the extreme, and those poor 1850s used in scoops are not the most reconed drivers in the history?
How many were reconing them after each and every gig?
Tell me that it is not true that you try to do sub heavy events with only 4 boxes while totally overpowering the poor drivers.

I am not bashing, just stating the obvious. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:19pm
Meh, so what if people want to run their gear in that way. It's their system. Some people find maximising SPL for a given number of boxes an interesting competition with an element of fun to it, plus the gigs that come with as well. I think the people who go for car SPL records are quite mad too, but we humans are very good at pushing limits.

If people want to recone their drivers, then let 'em! And if they manage to run in such a way without needing to then fair play.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

So you say that what i have said is not true?
You say that for ALL pre users, it's not true for all of us, no. Maybe for some, but not ALL, we're not ALL the same, that's the point I'm trying to make.

You dont boost low end to the extreme,
define extreme ... in your previous message you were stating +10db @ 40Hz, now it's just low end to the extreme? And all pre owners do not play this way. I've heard sound playing with mainly >60Hz bass with no sub at all, some very balanced, some sounding more old-school, and some as you described ...

and those poor 1850s used in scoops are not the most reconed drivers in the history?
I don't use pd1850, sorry. And we do not recone after each gig ... Maybe some sounds play like that, I'm not saying otherwise, but NOT ALL roots sound!

Tell me that it is not true that you try to do sub heavy events with only 4 boxes while totally overpowering the poor drivers.
We do events, sometimes with 2, 3 4 or 6 sub boxes, depending on the venue. I don't think we're overpowering these drivers, as they do not suffer from damage even being played extensivelly, personaly we give each scoop a channel of EV p3000, 8 ohms style, they never clip.

I am not bashing, just stating the obvious. 
You're not stating the obvious. You'r extending what you thinkof some sounds to ALL the roots sounds. we''re not all the same. period.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 1:04pm
sorry double post, please delete

Edited by JBK - 27 January 2017 at 1:54pm
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 1:47pm
You have a lot so say as to why your sound is superior Elliot. It's been 13 years since you joined and not once have you posted a pic of your sound. But lots of comments of how others should run there's.

So show us what you run Elliot.

As the old proverb goes, pics or you didn't happen.

Or maybe you don't have a sound and are just mental.

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 1:54pm
13 pages of comment on an amp that isn't even on the market yet?    Confused

Edited by Earplug - 27 January 2017 at 1:55pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

13 pages of comment on an amp that isn't even on the market yet?    Confused

compared to some amps this ones a bit slow off the internet discussion starting block, LOL
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>