Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 4 channel amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 5:05pm
Did you not know these are in fact fake amplifiers and not real amplifiers? Designed using alternative reality alternative facts as per current standards.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 5:13pm
viktor didn't bring up pkn in this thread either..
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

I think the risk of looking inferior should outweigh the risk of publishing 2r specs to show it is 2 ohm stable when you know in yourself you shouldnt do it and wouldnt recommend it.

Ideally, I would agree with you.

However, Andy has to "compete" with people selling things less than honestly, and people are sucked in by fake specs, in much the same way as they are sucked in by fake news!

This is is why virtually all punters who walk into a (my) disco shop, ask for speakers by the wattage, and not the SPL. So everyone sells speakers by wattage, even though good 300W cabs, will out perform most 10000W PMPO cabs! However, there is a certain "demographic" that will insist their Norfolk Reds outperform a TMS4 box....Try and argue the toss with them, and they walk off and spend their money elsewhere....Being correct means you end up bankrupt, and some lieing fugger makes the money.

Marketing is all about making the truth fit your products perception and price point, and, lets be honest, plenty of those marketing depts. plainly lie. I doubt Andy has time to get caught out, so has published what he has been initially "told", which, perhaps accidentally, got into public domain, before he has time to verify.

Those of us in the know, never trust anything published from China, as they often haven't measured it. The problem is, there are plenty of peeps selling stuff, say through the bay or similar, who don't know what they are selling, and don't know whether it is true or not, and don't care. "Says it on the packaging, mate, innit tho"...

I don't think Blue Aran fall into that category! I'm sure, once actually given a good thrashing and measurement, these will offer a fair price for performance, just the actual performance may be a little different from the chinese spec.

Case in point - Berry Belch Fires. For the money, amazing, they have issues, don't quite meet spec, and nasty mains draw, but still amazing for the money. I would prefer anything PowerSoft, but anyone can afford berry! Have to compromise somewhere, which means running berry realistically for price point, and not expecting it to be as "resilient" as a PowerSoft, or other pro touring bit of gear.

The problem stems from the sort of body who can only afford a budget berry, or other chinese knock offs, may not have the knowledge of how to run if safely.

Icky race to the bottom.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 6:41pm
This amp does/will run 2 ohm, and from initial tests I wouldnt have any issues running mid-high with high-ish crest factor on this amp.  It has sufficient voltage rails for  the dynamics for mid-high, and doesn't seems to show any signs of overheating at 2 ohms in this application.

I do however, know how some people run their subs, and the type of music they run, and how they set compressors/limiters, etc - thats a completely different kettle of fish and is much more demanding in terms of long term current demands, and this is why Im a little hesitant in recommening this for SUB use at 2 ohms. In fact I wouldnt recommend it for sub use - as its almost certain it will run very hot.

But if you ask a group of pro audio users, you will find many will recommend against 2 ohm use at full power on sub duty. Despite the amps 'officially' being 'capable'  - its not the best idea.

More tests to follow, but as mentioned above by Matt - this amp is more aimed at the budget end of the market, so the power specs are pitched accordingly to align themselves with competing amplifiers. 

Trouble is, how do you spec a budget amp thats 'sort of' OK for 2 ohms.

This isnt intended to take on Powersoft.

Edited by Andy Kos - 23 January 2017 at 10:10pm
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 7:30pm
Before speaking about what power on which load it can deliver I would love to see two small things:

1. An UNLOADED freqency plot from 6KHz up to 30KHz around half of max. output signal level. 1KHz full square wave would be interesting too..
   Unloaded = No load on the output just the measurement probes

2. 6dB overload with EIAJ standard test signal Unloaded.

Thats is. Then we should move forward.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 7:41pm
"The problem stems from the sort of body who can only afford a budget berry, or other chinese knock offs, may not have the knowledge of how to run if safely.

Icky race to the bottom."

+1

I do wonder sometimes how people like Thomann survive with their 3 year guarantee. Given the number of real idiots there are out there running systems, etc. you'd think that it would be suicide to offer anything like that.

And anyone with a small rig that wants to run their subs at 2 ohms off a cheapo amp should really go find something else to occupy their time.  Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 8:46pm
Are you seriousley expecting in depth data of a chinese 4 channel amp that cost 800 pounds?
Are you expecting Powersoft X4 results?
Gimme a break will ya. Its a cheap budget amp. Not more, not less.
Neither is Bluearran claiming anything different.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Are you seriousley expecting in depth data of a chinese 4 channel amp that cost 800 pounds?
Are you expecting Powersoft X4 results?
Gimme a break will ya. Its a cheap budget amp. Not more, not less.
Neither is Bluearran claiming anything different.

+1

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 9:32am
+2
 Love these threads. People getting worked up about a budget amp,wether it will do 2 ohms,or comparing it to amps costing three times the amount. Great entertainment lads,keep it up! LOL
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

I do wonder sometimes how people like Thomann survive with their 3 year guarantee. Given the number of real idiots there are out there running systems, etc. you'd think that it would be suicide to offer anything like that.

And anyone with a small rig that wants to run their subs at 2 ohms off a cheapo amp should really go find something else to occupy their time.  Dead

Yes,agreed! The number of times this comes up,a whole mish-mash of different cabinets and drivers,asking which budget amp they should buy,will it do 2 ohms bridged,etc etc etc.

It's all very amusing!
Be seeing you.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 9:48am
can you bridge it over the river kwai?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

+2
 Love these threads. People getting worked up about a budget amp,wether it will do 2 ohms,or comparing it to amps costing three times the amount. Great entertainment lads,keep it up! LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>