Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pure sine inverters - cheap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pure sine inverters - cheap
    Posted: 20 January 2017 at 7:59pm
Had reason for contact with a fella who runs an ebay shop called ups-trader .... noticed on his listings a UPS without batteries for use as a 1000VA pure-sine inverter for less than 60 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inverter-APC-UPS-24VDC-1000VA-670W-pure-sine-wave-inverter-/400660621998?hash=item5d493beaae:g:tQAAAOxyVLNS9REl

Figured it might be of interest to folk using large battery-powered systems - mebbe for running sensitive outboard gear like digi mixers, LMS etc. or for anyone living off-grid.

No commercial connection with him - but I can vouch for him as honest, diligent, and quite knowledgeable.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2017 at 10:26pm
The APC inverters are quite good. They are online 100pc of the time, and 100pc duty cycle meaning when they are running from mains, its still the inverter part running your gear so you get power conditioning. Also, when power is lost, there's no switch over interruption.
I use a 1.5kva full time from a big battery bank and have not had an issue .

Edited by valve head777 - 02 February 2017 at 10:28pm
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 9:07am
No experience of APC inverters but their UPS's units fail for a pastime. Simple power surge after cut knocks them out.  Interesting you never had an issue with the other product.
It's everything, not everythink!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 9:08am
I hate to say this, but I bought one of these and there's a problem with the thing, in that it's not starting up unless connected to the mains, which isn't much good to me. I'm trying to sort it out with the guy at the moment.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 2:03pm
On mine you have to first push the off button until a click is heard. Then press on and keep your finger on it there should be a relay click. Keep holding then release. I sometimes have to repeat the process. Hope this helps.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 5:54pm
Ok, got it sorted.

You have to hold the start button until it emits a long beep and then release. The timing is quite critical - a bit too long or short and it doesn´t start.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 8:35pm
Never heard the long beep, took the bleeper out of mine straight away lol!!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 8:54pm
That's a pretty cheap deal. I want to get a UPS to use on my marine fish tank, one of these could be just the job with a couple of batteries.
100% Earth Moving Bass
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 10:49pm
^^^ +1
 Post Reply Post Reply