Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Beringer iNUKE 6000 thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bmholbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmholbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Beringer iNUKE 6000 thread
    Posted: 06 March 2018 at 7:22pm
For what it is worth, I have been running a pair of CW218 Yamaha’s doing techno with an INuke 6000 for a few years and never had an issue. I’m building my first pair of GSubs and will see how it does with the better drivers, but overalll I’ve got my money’s worth.

I originally bought mine refurbished and didn’t completely trust it, so snagged a 2nd one used when a deal popped up. I’ve never used the 2nd one really, but will see how many chances I get to use both.

I only wish these things had a built in way to daisy the signal from amp to amp so it was easier to get all the subs on the same mono signal. I don’t regularly do sound outside my own events so by no way do I put them through pro usage.

Edited by bmholbro - 06 March 2018 at 7:23pm
Dreadnaught
Panther City Productions
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 2:06pm
Well they replied and although the Amp is out of warranty, there is six months warranty on the last repair, it being the same fault. They sent me the label so I hope to get it off early new year.
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 4:09am
The unit was "fixed" under warranty but only gave me 2.5hrs of action before being in need of further
service. I guess something was missed or the testing was not thorough enough? I'm sure they carried
out the work as detailed in the report but it seems they some how missed the core problem causing the fault. I have written to Thomann and await a reply, let's see what they say.
ReubGold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReubGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:45pm
I know Berry Inukes sound good at 8 ohm stereo, but still not bought any personally, due to this very likely occurrence.

I'd be more likely to buy an SAE, or more expensive Lab copy.

Edited by ReubGold - 12 December 2017 at 12:47pm
If he turns me into a zombie, first person I'm coming after is you.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 10:08am
That's not how warranty works, if you report a fault before the expiration date it is to be fixed under that warranty, whether the unit reaches them or not.
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 4:25am
Yes I have been very happy with my lightweight dsp amp. I haven't had a reply from thomann yet and the 3 year warranty has just expired (I believe while it was in their service dept). I'll give it a couple of days for them to reply. It does upset me that their R&D department for built in obsolescence seems to have hit a bulls eye on my particular amp. No need to really fix the thing if the warranty has expired before it leaves the benchUnhappy
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 12:41am
Sounds like your Behringer came from the first faulty batch. Many were sold and a lot of people had similar issues. I would try and ask thomann for a new one. They know about the original bad batches because a friend I know sent two back to them. Nice amps when they work correctly!
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 4:53pm
Well it staid on all day. I'll find out how to check the caps (am I just looking for leaks and bloating?) and have a look over the soldering. Thanks for the KnowledgeThumbs Up
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 5:56am
Bad solderings maybe (typical for RoHS, not quite long lasting), or bad capacitors.  
I have some Thomann T-amps, all of them required some resoldering work.  I also have few old QSC "iron" amps, those are lasting forever. 

eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 5:30am
Just plugged it in the wall and it's on again (no load). I'll leave it for the day and see what happens.
"Un-Reliability Hi-Fi Playing Soon!...... maybe"Confused

Any ideas on trouble shooting welcome, though I don't think I'll be relying on this one again.
eyeT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 4:19am
Yeah I guess I got my three years from an amp that cost me quite a bit less than they cost now. I would still look to repair it if possible.
It was mostly running a 4r load as bass in a four way system, never really made to sweat though. On Saturday it was running a pair of  8" tops at 8r well below battle volume in a small open air bar. It got used as the amp for single amp events also, because of the weight and built in dsp. I really quite liked it while it was working.
If anybody knows of any common problems to check, my electrical knowledge is pretty limited but I could have a look under the bonnet. Or is it just a not very heavy door stop now?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:15am
how do you use it, out of curiosity? what loads and speakers etc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>