Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New plan idea! Advice needed/ very welcome!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 7:44pm
Thanks for all the help. So the Cubo 15s are now built, sweet! Just getting the parts together for 2 x MT 130 tops...

Thinking of going down this route;

Eminence Kappa 12" 450 watt (not pro edition?!)
B&C DE250 with 18 Sound XT1086 Flares

I have a query re the crossover on this. currently I am;

Source > Behringer CX2310 Active Crossover > Amp 1 > Cubo 15s
> Amp 2 > Channel 1 - 12" drivers then Channel 2 - 1"

Does this make sense/logical? Or am I confused and dropped a bollock>! I want to avoid getting 3 amps if possible!

Thanks again for your help, this just would not happen without the help of you guys and this site. cheers!

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 8:32pm
2 mt130s, fairly properly loaded, are quite overkill above 2 cubo15s despite physical stacking issues..!
(recently heard 2 above 6 15" horns.. ;) )
2 good 10+1" reflex tops might be more sensible tbh..
dcx instead of the cx is def. worth it in many aspects..

andyswall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 9:25pm
Cool, cheers for the advice! Have had a right good look for 10" driver plans but cant really find anything. Perhaps a slimmed version of the MT130 might work... ?
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 9:47pm
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 12:23am
Unless you're really hell bent on building your mid/tops, there's much to be said for buying off the shelf. If it was my money, I'd be going this route. For the same kind of cost as building a pair of MT130's and loading them with the proper drivers, you could have a pair of brand new EV SX100s, with decent warranty; you would also only need 2 amps for your system, as the EVs have properly optimised passive crossovers in them. My 2p FWIW.
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 3:49am
And if you didnt live so far away you could have had my spare sX200's i jave in my lockup...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 5:48am
Completely agree, build your subs and learn the carpentry, buy ready made tops and then when you are ready to upgrade, you've experience and a better idea of what you need and you can move you're old tops across to dj monitor duty, as I'm sure mentioned earlier, you'll only need two amps this way so spend the extra on the dcx crossover and you won't regret it.
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12