Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:07pm
Web sites down...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:23pm
So it is, ooer, they must be watching. Lets see if I get refunded in the morning...
It's everything, not everythink!
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

Don't know why you would want to buy a cheep amp and want to do anything under 4ohms the week point is the psu but 12 month warranty and 1 went down Saturday I received a brand new by Monday can't complain about 2 years agoI used 6 pd 1850 on a pl9 for a test 63 amp single phase pl9 kept Chipping out the breaker switched to the pas amp and was clearly louder people are still talking about that day now in Manchester as it completely drowned out 2 well known sounds for around 60 metres away

Please, what is the "pas amp"? brand and model?
are you talking about pascal modules? or the sanway lg copies?
Also, I don't find any info on marvin amplifiers on the net, i just find guitar amps

I understand "proper english" but sometimes "internet english" is just a bit confusing

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 10:09am
Tried it this morning,that catalogue number just says not found. Oh well.
Be seeing you.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:20am
Works fine still. Use caps?
It's everything, not everythink!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:50am
works here. looks like a lot of amp for that money! can't go wrong really..
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 1:55pm
17 Sold since my last order LOL
SO tempted to get another to use as backup / spares / drive a set of speakers I havent got yet 
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 3:02pm
Every so often CPC do a deal on something that sounds 'too good to be true'.

Years ago I went through a stage of getting loads of smallish outdoor PA work (think school fete type of thing) and needed some small speakers that were mainly for announcements with a little background music; I wanted some that sounded better than your standard PA horn and cheap.

CPC had on their clearance brochure some DAP 10" + 1 for £55.00 per pair, they had a proper comp driver/crossover (not piezo), wooden trapezoid cabinets and sounded Ok. I purchased 4 pairs; they have served me very well paying for themselves many times over.

2 of the pairs were eventually sold on Ebay for more than I paid for them, two got damaged and rendered as spare parts (one fell out of the back of the van, another got dropped from a fair height), the last pair I still have and are still going strong, they will also shortly be going on ebay along the parts from the two damaged ones....

So, all in all I had my monies worth out of the £220 they originally cost me!!

Edited by APW - 10 February 2017 at 4:31pm
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Every so often CPC do a deal on something that sounds 'too good to be true'.

Normally I dont read the catalogue they send me, this time I flicked through (needed a load of connectors and wiring to sort the lighting rig out) and these caught my eye. Glad that I actually posted rather than lurking and has been said, im sure to get my money back a year or so down the line.
I have now retired my heavy old 'unknown' amp now as having gone through its guts again... its a POS LOL
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 4:14pm
on paper that thing appears to sit exactly between TA2400 and Proline 3000 Powerwise….. Geek

wish I was in the uk, would order one immediately (and get beaten by the wife on delivery… LOL)
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 4:14pm
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 6:25pm
37 and counting…… LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>