Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peavey VSX26

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 12:45pm
Thanks Mike.
I know the software wont do a direct connection between laptop and VSX (spent way too many hours on the Peavey forum digging for info). Just glad I have the software so I can see it on the laptop screen, save to USB, import from USB to VSX and see if it works.
Thanks for the info on setting the limiters, one of my jobs for today is to play around with the inbuilt signal generator on the VSX and make sure my amps are set to the 'expected' output settings then do the limiter settings and give it all a test tomorrow.
Just a shame that a) the peavey forum is dead b) not many people use this LMS and c) I buy stuff without looking into it enough!
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 1:20pm
Your welcome. I am sure you'll be pleased. At least you'll have a good understanding of how it works and it will serve the purpose well.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 1:41pm
Quick stupid question Mike... the calculator in the link you posted
I have 2 sets of speakers both 8ohm @ 500w, the amp will see these as a 4 ohm load
In the calculator im assuming I use the 4ohm @ 500w measurement (which makes total sense now Ive started typing it out. (as you can see this is all new to me, im usually 'plug and play'))
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 6:30pm
Ignore the above, have been doing maths for limiters LOL using something I lifted off the Peavey site, example below
20log (((SQRT(200*8) / 40) / 0.775) = 2.2139
Now happy setting this up (nearly) just need to check the levels coming out the amp and im sorted, or at least enough to get this up and running Clap if it was easy, everyone would be doing it..

Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 7:39pm
Your making progress. One thing I would confirm is that your meter can read high frequency voltages accurately. This should be documented in the meter specifications.

Edited by Pinyorouk - 23 March 2017 at 7:40pm
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 5:54pm
Much faffing around with the VSX managed to get the right level out the signal generator, into the amp, which are now all marked at x40 
Settings all on laptop for my speakers, will transfer that over to the VSX tomorrow and annoy the neighbours, im SO lucky the other half doesnt mind have 6 speakers in the front room + amp rack.
Im following all the advice Ive been given, so it 'should' work.
I will leave the understanding of all the mathematics until after the gig, but at least im comfortable everything is now set as to what the VSX is expecting will be happening amp wise
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 1:13pm
Something weird going on with the VSX. I had 2 x 2 ways set up, but only one bass output working, however the inbuilt sine wave generator outputs on... all 6.
Couldn't figure what Ive done so built 2 x 3 way crossovers, first I crossed at 20/20 then muted outputs on the VSX and moved the bins and tops along one to 2 & 5 & 3 & 6, all works fine so Ive saved that it memory and back onto USB.
Will play around with the non working one and see what I can work out WTF ive done!
Didnt run it up full pelt, but does sound nice, dropped the tops by 4db, no EQ setup, im happy Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12