Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Powersoft for 6*2151

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 5:28pm
Ok peeps I've gone K20 to run 3*21" per side , will let you know how the subs work . it's kind of funny 2001-2 I asked about powersoft amps there was not much answers here on speaker plans , even when I talked about the 18sound 18lw2400 for scoops, nononono Father don't go there , some said now they are selling in U.K. , hey my U.K. Brothers you'll have to try something from the rest of Europe, you know even marrying a girl from your neighborhood, is not smart she could be your half sister, lol
Anyway i'l do my thing and give you results, on the 11th of march I shall test the amp. And get back to you . If I remember right the first 8ch amp I ever used was from Denmark in the 90's , the company is not doing much now , but 50-70 of the clubs here had their cabinets speakers and C-audio amps , .
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 5:32pm
hehe, you know powersoft cant do bass francis ;)
oh and 18sound and other "premium" european brands wont ever work in scoops and are rubbish and expensive anyways..
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

hehe, you know powersoft cant do bass francis ;)
oh and 18sound and other "premium" european brands wont ever work in scoops and are rubbish and expensive anyways..

If I didn't know better I'd send someone to lick your head , lol powersoft can't do bass lab can't do bass , 18sound don't work in scoops, b&c only good for mid&stops , you brixit lol
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 6:26pm
We ran 3x 2000W AES 21" from each channel of K20 for three years, no hassle whatsoever. The 2151 doesn't need anywhere near as much power so you should be happy. I would still advocate 4 ohm bass loading if you can budget for it, even with K20. HEADROOM.

More and more lately though I've been impressed with X4 / X8 on subs, people say OH NO IT WON'T DO IT but in practice they work just fine, and sound really damn good. There are people running 2x high power 21" per channel of X4 or X8 and not just in 'PA world'…

If you're absolutely made of money, the XTA APA has a very heavy tone to it, but I can nearly get two X4 for the same cash.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 6:47pm
kyle, you know i`m just kidding.. lol
quite happy with my old k10s on sub duty tbh..

based on your calculation those APAs come in at 8-10grand?
(know a venue with a few and theres been few issues with those..)

luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 7:22pm
Ive heard them power 21s outside the pa world...but was more crazy 60hz spl...rather than 30-50. Not very impressive as we all know its more demanding on the amplifier running high levels of 30/40hz as opposed to 60.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Ive heard them power 21s outside the pa world...but was more crazy 60hz spl...rather than 30-50. Not very impressive as we all know its more demanding on the amplifier running high levels of 30/40hz as opposed to 60.

Perhaps get a measurement on the go then talk to me. I have.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:38pm
Kyle, you said X4 can do subs at 2 ohms too.
That intrigued me a lot. I can run 8 2400W double 18s from one amp :-)
Sounds tempting, although i dont really need it . :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

For most usage and with the right power it can. You'd be feeding them 3 phase for that.

I actually had K20 and X4 into the same sub in the warehouse the other day and I prefer the tone of the X series, it was deeper and warmer than the K. But in practice more power is needed sometimes.

Edited by toastyghost - 02 March 2017 at 1:34am
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:24am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Gone try it man , if you don't like it , sell it . I know someone who wants something like that .
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 9:12am
How much can the X4 be had for then please.

I am sat in a comfy chair, so won't be bumping my head.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 9:38am
Powersoft K10 (measured sustained power) 2200W/ch ++
Powersoft X4 (measured sustained power) less than 500W/ch

It is not a small difference! The X4 performs well ONLY with VERY LOW Duty cycles.
Once the capacitors emptied headroom lost, I am sure that it all depends on your speaker, some speakers needs more juice while others less. Single K10 on 32A230V strong mains outperforms X4 (all channels driven) when needs to deliver sustained tones.
We have AB tested 4x 8R 2000W boxes, once 2x 4R on the K10 then 4x 8R on the X4...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>