Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget Soundsystem with Turbosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Electrikal es18 is 63cm put three on their sides and a pallet and ur 2 meters high,not optimal but good.
2 186horns are 5 cm lower than that . Regarding the honk to 180hz i think the idea of playing the upper two only to 180, the bottom ones lets say 40-45-120ish can significantly help with that. But yeah you would need six es18 doubles( 12 drivers )  to get 4 tops on em, while you can do that with 6 186 horns.

Yeah, indeed. Budget-wise the 186 horns will be a better decision. I will need 8, though.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 8:22pm
Electrikal es18 is 63cm put three on their sides and a pallet and ur 2 meters high,not optimal but good.
2 186horns are 5 cm lower than that . Regarding the honk to 180hz i think the idea of playing the upper two only to 180, the bottom ones lets say 40-45-120ish can significantly help with that. But yeah you would need six es18 doubles( 12 drivers )  to get 4 tops on em, while you can do that with 6 186 horns.

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 7:18pm
tbh. Futendra, if i was you and in that scene i would first look whats common around yours and go for the same, simply said, from a business point of view, unless you find the usual setups lack sth. you want to cover, hence going for sth. "out of the ordinary"

There are way too many options one can go for that work well within certain budget/requirements, at the end you either "do it your ways" with all its pros/cons or join the common fashion and go for something easy to sell/rent in/cross hire.

I would say thats one of the main decisions you have to make first..
hobby or growing business?
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

My advice 186 bins with different tops,

Or

Bandpass horns with the Turbo tops. Better to get turbo bins, but if you can't es18 is probably a good choice.

ES18's are way too small for the turbo tops... I can't get enough height with them.

What tops are easy to find and will do a great job with the 186 horns, thinking low-budget?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:43pm
yeah, that might work but you`ll loose some lowend due to "worse" floor coupling imo + i think even 2:1 ratio will not offer the headroom/balance you need to match these Tops.

es18bph to 180hz? hmm, not with the usual heavy cone drivers used to gain some lowend, not in my books at least..Turbo used light cone drivers to enable the high xover for a reason.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

how do you suppose/intend to stack 4 tops on those 8 subs?

Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Futendra Futendra wrote:

Hmm. I think building eight 186 horns will be better size-wise. It's down to es18bphs vs 186 horns. What are the pros and cons of both? I don't think we will nake double ones, so keep that in mind.

The ES18 will reach 180hz with less honking than an 186. And imo Bandpass subs sound slightly better on Tekno.

186 will play lower. More SPL, bigger cabs (which for your application is probably better).

I understand what you want to do and why, I love a good Tekno rig. But I highly recommend you listen to some of the advice beinging given here. There are better top options and i have never heard a W-Bin I liked.

My advice 186 bins with different tops,

Or

Bandpass horns with the Turbo tops. Better to get turbo bins, but if you can't es18 is probably a good choice.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:11pm
how do you suppose/intend to stack 4 tops on those 8 subs?

Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 3:36pm
Hmm. I think building eight 186 horns will be better size-wise. It's down to es18bphs vs 186 horns. What are the pros and cons of both? I don't think we will nake double ones, so keep that in mind.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 3:30pm
Yea the rcf will work for sure. Dunno about 186 never heard them personally.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Yes but the double version like this http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/11/19/86/08/cais610.jpg
Double version pros: Looks better,adds some stability easier to rig a bit. Save a bit of wood :)
Double version con: heavier

Off the top of my head b&c 18pzb100, oberton 18xb700/900, pd 186...

Most of these are harder to find here in Belgium. Would the RCF LF18G401 be compatible? Otherwise, what do you think about building 186 horns instead?
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:46pm
I'm sure I have just seen 4 x tsw718's for sale....
In bass no one can hear you scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>