Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget Soundsystem with Turbosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Darkstar Darkstar wrote:

I'd go with a lab copy of an FP14000 instead of double berry amps if I were you. It's double the cost (actually slightly lower) but the amount of headroom you'd get over the bottleneck the berry amps will give you is well worth it.

I have 4 RCF G401's and they are very sturdy drivers, the berry amps give barely enough imo.
You might want to have a read at http://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202.html to understand what I'm talking about

The iNUKE NU6000DSP costs 359 euros. So that's really cheap. They're 2x 2200 watts RMS at 4 Ohm.

I think budget-wise it will be better to get those first, and maybe later replace them. (We need something to start doing benefit parties!)

Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

if you have 2 16ohm drivers on the comps then just one per side is fine just need a bigger amp tbh a 4 channel would handle the tens on two of the channels ie a pair of tens on each
and the other 2 should handle the comps so just need something to do the 15s and the 18s i guess

I don't quite understand this. Can you explain this more clearly?

Edited by Futendra - 24 February 2017 at 4:14pm
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

We have 4 tms3's, ours are the mk1's with JBL 2 inch, Fane 10's and 15's.

We run one QSC2002 on the 4 2 inch, one QSC3003 on the 8 10's and a CA18 on the 15's.

In my opinion great boxes. They keep up with 6 double 18's.

Can you tell me what connector is on there? Can't quite figure out if it's AP6 or EP6.

Would it be possible to mod them to have NL8 connectors? Or would that be a waste?
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Futendra Futendra wrote:

The iNUKE NU6000DSP costs http://schema.org/Offer" style="background-color: rgb(251, 251, 253);">359 euros. So that's really cheap. They're http://schema.org/Offer" style="background-color: rgb(251, 251, 253);">http://schema.org/Offer">2x 2200 watts RMS at 4 Ohm.
They pretend to be, but they're not!
We tried to drive 4 pd186 in gsubs (2 drivers a side, 4 ohms) they were clearly underpowered
Did you read the thread Darkstar mentionned? user experience weights way more than constructor specs (especially on the cheap end of the market)
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

The iNUKE NU6000DSP costs http://schema.org/Offer" style="background-color: rgb(251, 251, 253);">359 euros. So that's really cheap. They're http://schema.org/Offer" style="background-color: rgb(251, 251, 253);">http://schema.org/Offer">2x 2200 watts RMS at 4 Ohm.
They pretend to be, but they're not!
We tried to drive 4 pd186 in gsubs (2 drivers a side, 4 ohms) they were clearly underpowered
Did you read the thread Darkstar mentionned? user experience weights way more than constructor specs (especially on the cheap end of the market)

According to the topic they can easily handle 1700 Watt output on 2 channels. I wouldn't need much more than that to power 4 RCF LF18G401's, would I?

Edit: Only now realise the topic is about the iNuke NU6000. I would be powering the TMS3's with the iNuke NU4-6000, and the 8 186 horns with 2 iNuke NU6000DSP.

Edited by Futendra - 24 February 2017 at 7:06pm
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 8:44pm
They are EP6 and we use them.

Would be simple enough to swap to NL8.

In bass no one can hear you scream!
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 9:35pm
What is the best way to distribute power to everything?

Edited by Futendra - 24 February 2017 at 10:36pm
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:33am
Also something very practical: How do I go from 1 mono crossover out to 4 amp inputs? Do I need something like the Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro?

Edited by Futendra - 25 February 2017 at 3:05am
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 5:28am
you never need an active splitter at line level (I've chained 20+ amp racks of the output of an FDS-360) , just passive y splits will be fine, but bear in mind most amps have parallel mono mode so you just feed ch.A and flick the switch and same signal appears on ch.B
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

you never need an active splitter at line level (I've chained 20+ amp racks of the output of an FDS-360) , just passive y splits will be fine, but bear in mind most amps have parallel mono mode so you just feed ch.A and flick the switch and same signal appears on ch.B

So I have to connect multiple Y splitters to each other? Sounds like it will affect the quality.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:12pm
most amps have an input and a link for each channel. you can just link the out to the next amp you want linked. same as a y-split really.. parallel links.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

most amps have an input and a link for each channel. you can just link the out to the next amp you want linked. same as a y-split really.. parallel links.

The iNuke NU6000DSP doesn't have this. I have 1 mono output that would have to go to 4 inputs.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 8:13am

Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

So I have to connect multiple Y splitters to each other? Sounds like it will affect the quality.

how big a system are you planning? for 6 stacks of Flash you connect no amp channels together.

Anyone that says splitting line level balanced signals driving amps (assuming less than 20 amps) passively effect quality is a TOTAL cretin.

How do you thing our D&B users get on, never seen a rack of active splits to jump between their amps and they daisy chain a lot more than on a normal DSP > Amps Cabs rig.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>