Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget Soundsystem with Turbosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 10:51pm
the issue is that w bins were out of date in 1970 so 50 years later they are well out of date if you realy want w bins then go for it, they aint very good tho id just build 6 usb and forget to load 3 og them will have same effect lol
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

the issue is that w bins were out of date in 1970 so 50 years later they are well out of date if you realy want w bins then go for it, they aint very good tho id just build 6 usb and forget to load 3 og them will have same effect lol

So the USB plan I sent would be good with the flashlights? What driver do you suggest on a budget?
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 10:56pm
as i said the challenger would be ok if not hd215? with some fane sovereign?
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Anyone who has heard Flashlight outdoors will confirm that it can throw for miles so it will be a lot louder in the nearest village than directly in front of the cabinets--so if you want to be providing dance music to attract the local constabulary it is ideal but then it is the wrong cabinet for the use stated by the OP.

For the sake of your wallet and causing your selfs issues down the line listen to this chap! He is talking sense!

For what you want buy 2 Nexo PS15's and a LS1200 A PS controller and 2 Amps. Or a couple stacks of Ohm or similar.

Running 4 way hornloaded outside is not a starter system IMHO
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Anyone who has heard Flashlight outdoors will confirm that it can throw for miles so it will be a lot louder in the nearest village than directly in front of the cabinets--so if you want to be providing dance music to attract the local constabulary it is ideal but then it is the wrong cabinet for the use stated by the OP.

For the sake of your wallet and causing your selfs issues down the line listen to this chap! He is talking sense!

For what you want buy 2 Nexo PS15's and a LS1200 A PS controller and 2 Amps. Or a couple stacks of Ohm or similar.

Running 4 way hornloaded outside is not a starter system IMHO

We'll be using them inside most of the time though. But the eventual goal is to be able to use them in a festival setting too.

as i said the challenger would be ok if not hd215? with some fane sovereign?

Can you send me some info about this challenger? Search engines try really hard at showing speakers inside dodge challengers...
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:09pm
3 budget 15/18"s in Wbins are not likely to keep up with 2 tfs780s.
Based on the Tops size you need a "platform" of 180-200cm height, 120cm width and at least 80 depth (which rules out quite a few common options) to provide some stability+get them high enough+be able to array them
..putting all 4 tops in one, non splayed, mono stack will be horrible for the sound Quality

for pure rave/hardtek/techno i would prefer nice long front loaded horns.
(w-bins, unported, are flhs but rarely offer the required horn length to play low "enough")
There are some free/cheap designs that work well with budget drivers.
As you wont be able to provide very high Amp output anyways i would def. go for more displacement(drivers) and the most efficient design (long/big horn)

btw. where are you based?
Depending on location driver prices and availability differ a lot..

regarding those patch panels/ep6 issues, do you get the ep6 cables aswell on that tfs deal?
if yes, just buy 2 ep6 sockets, build a patch for your rack and use seperate cables on bass..
if not, swap the ep6 sockets on those tops to nl8 and build cables/patch accordingly, this way you could run 3 subs (8ohm each, requires beefy amp) and 2 tops with a single cable..

you see, it all depends on a few factors :)

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:10pm
Fair enough.

But from what I have read and having owned Flashlight and system tech'd various Flashlight systems over the years I Personally doubt its the ideal system for your needs.

100 - 500 people Is systems like Nexo PS etc

500-2000 People Is systems like Floodlight etc

2000+ Is systems like Flashlight, Kf850, W8 etc etc

This is obviously only my opinion. I am not trying to crush dreams, just you are going to spend alot of money so looking at other options is sensible.

Edited by jacethebase - 20 February 2017 at 11:13pm
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

3 budget 15/18"s in Wbins are not likely to keep up with 2 tfs780s.
Based on the Tops size you need a "platform" of 180-200cm height, 120cm width and at least 80 depth (which rules out quite a few common options) to provide some stability+get them high enough+be able to array them
..putting all 4 tops in one, non splayed, mono stack will be horrible for the sound Quality

The USB design is 114cm in width and 75 in depth, and 3 of them stacked will be about 165cm high.

for pure rave/hardtek/techno i would prefer nice long front loaded horns.
(w-bins, unported, are flhs but rarely offer the required horn length to play low "enough")
There are some free/cheap designs that work well with budget drivers.
As you wont be able to provide very high Amp output anyways i would def. go for more displacement(drivers) and the most efficient design (long/big horn)

I am afraid of damage with font loaded horns. I want the drivers to be hidden away. I personally don't need to go as low as 40Hz.

Do you have any recommendations? I don't know too many designs, really, just what is out there with a quick google search.

btw. where are you based?
Depending on location driver prices and availability differ a lot..

Belgium

regarding those patch panels/ep6 issues, do you get the ep6 cables aswell on that tfs deal?
if yes, just buy 2 ep6 sockets, build a patch for your rack and use seperate cables on bass..
if not, swap the ep6 sockets on those tops to nl8 and build cables/patch accordingly, this way you could run 3 subs (8ohm each, requires beefy amp) and 2 tops with a single cable..

I don't know yet, but I figured out what the actual issue is so I will see what I'll do. You would mod the actual Flashlights?

Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Fair enough.

But from what I have read and having owned Flashlight and system tech'd various Flashlight systems over the years I Personally doubt its the ideal system for your needs.

100 - 500 people Is systems like Nexo PS etc

500-2000 People Is systems like Floodlight etc

2000+ Is systems like Flashlight, Kf850, W8 etc etc

This is obviously only my opinion. I am not trying to crush dreams, just you are going to spend alot of money so looking at other options is sensible.

The thing is we really don't want to waste money buying something for "in between getting better speakers". We eventually want to be able to do both smaller parties inside and do big parties outside. I think, because we will play harder genres, overkill is quite okay for the inside parties.

Edited by Futendra - 20 February 2017 at 11:26pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:29pm
i just wouldnt use flash in your situation basicaly
challenger mk1 is on blue arans webpage and if you mail them im sure they could do a deal on like 8 ish of them would do you fine in all fairness 
hd15s with sovereign would happily keep up with the flash no?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:31pm
whats the smallest places you will play in? (venue size)
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:33pm

i just wouldnt use flash in your situation basicaly
challenger mk1 is on blue arans webpage and if you mail them im sure they could do a deal on like 8 ish of them would do you fine in all fairness 
hd15s with sovereign would happily keep up with the flash no?

I still have no clue what this challenger mk1 and blue aran is.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:34pm

whats the smallest places you will play in? (venue size)

I think in places with a maximum capacity of 350-500 people will be around the smallest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>