Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me choose an lms !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me choose an lms !
    Posted: 06 March 2017 at 1:44pm
Time to put the dcx behind , eyeing the db marks obviously. Dp28 or xca28 , the 100£ difference worth it ?
Any more contenders for that price range or a bit more ?
Just need to have 8 outs no other special functions.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:22pm
got this,like new,£280
4 in 8 out

http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:42pm
What does that read cant see ? digisynthetic?
Dunno the price is alright but trying not to compromise too much on the price and end up with dcx tier lms. That is offcourse speculation as i dont know anything about that unit.

Edited by Sypa - 06 March 2017 at 2:44pm
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 2:55pm
XTA or BSS
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 4:10pm
Any particular models ?
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

What does that read cant see ? digisynthetic?
Dunno the price is alright but trying not to compromise too much on the price and end up with dcx tier lms. That is offcourse speculation as i dont know anything about that unit.
Digisynthetic is the Generic manufacturer of a number of subsequently rebadged stuff.

I have a DS226, which is also known as the Ohm Cleo Mk2, and I think Void used one, at one point, as their LMS of choice.

My DS is happy as larry. Whether it is a step up from the ubiquitous DCX is another question.

You may have to spend quite a lot, even second hand, to better the DCX. Farcical, perhaps, but not too far from the truth.

Leftfield, A&H IDr8? 8 in/8 out. Only issue I'm aware of is after about 10 years 24/7, the PSU can fail, but under £100 inc for part, and fitting is a doddle. More a venue mixer, but on an install locked up tighter than a Nun's proverbial, or you can allow some level of interaction from front panel buttons. Also has recall of preset on time, so can start to go quieter once licensing hours have passed? Look ahead limiters work! Just an idea, as I have installed a few, and they have been very "most excellent".

With a fixed IP address, you can also remote view over internet, and do loadsa fun stuff, like leave the manager with a virtual wall plate on his/her laptop/PC, customised to give any level of control or VU you see fit.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 4:25pm
Thanks for the detailed response. Im aware that to better the dcx money will have to be spent , the db marks are already double the price. Would stay below 900£ if possible.
It will probably never be in a fixed install tho , strictly out
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 4:52pm
hard to beat the 8 out dbmarks for price alright.

when i was going 4 way i ended up using 2 6 outs, one per stack. bit annoying having to make changes on both (the ones i use don't link) but having spare outs / channels is useful a surprising amount of the time. i'm using turbosound lms d6 (xta) ones. there's one on ebay now starting at 300 quid. can be found for not much more than that if you keep your eyes open.

or else you're into xilica 8 ways, or the alldsp ones, xta 448 still seem to command quite high prices.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 5:09pm
Need 8 outs coz running floods so i can for once play them stereo
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 5:27pm
me too
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 5:31pm
all dsp oems like monacor/img/psso etc.?
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 6:02pm

Never used a Db-mark but unless your flush I would suggest another DCX its surprising how useful 6 in 12 out can be.  As you probably know what lets them down is the nasty noise when used as a brick wall limiter and the slightly bizarre calibration.  After that your into XTA two dp224 is reasonably affordable. 448's still hold their value around ukp1500 

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>