Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me choose an lms !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:58pm
Matt Stolton wrote...

locked up tighter than a Nun's proverbial, or you can allow some level of interaction from front panel buttonsLOLLOLLOL
Top banana
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 3:44pm
because of all the functions that the behringer has which are missed by other products - dynamic eq, phase adjust, auto-align, 6dB filters, digital inputs - I think the answer to what's better than an ultradrive is simply, two ultradrives. I can't detect any audible problems with the sound but there are some inexpensive upgrades to the power supply and other components that can be done.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 6:03pm
I've been using bss omnidrives, Kt dn8000's and have some ultradrives for many years.

I love bss stuff but i had too many failures with them last couple of years for my liking.
The kt's are still brilliant sounding but limited and fiddly.
The ultradrives have been pretty reliable and have a lot of functions, cheap, etc.

I recently took a punt on a dbmark to get through a load of shows and tbh it has blown me away on sound quality for It's money. Easily sounding better than the omni and ultras.
Easy to use, still lots of functions, with some firmware updates they could match the missing dynamic eq, etc. That come with the others.

My only things with it is the missing aes input and I'm not 100% certain on the limiter setting meters. I've not lost a driver since using it and I'm sure this is just a matter of me refining it.

Eventually I'm going to move on to lake processing but until then I'll recommend the dbmark and will be buying another myself.

If you're on a tighter budget then 2 ultradrives won't do you wrong as others have suggested.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 6:34pm
i was just gonna say i should totally sell you my turbosound lms700. it's a bss 388, and i deleted all the turbosound presets by accident, but sure you only need the one..

http://imgur.com/a/cMuDR

poor photos.. but photos.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 3:09pm
After reading all the dbmark threads again( and this thread)i see they have lots and lots of praise from respectable forum members. So my mind is pretty much set on the xca28 now just need to convince my partner in crime to follow suite
My only issue is reliability and the fact i will have to send it back to england if somethin goes awfully wrong. On the other hand i see zero reports of them breakin down on the forum...

@cravings Hehe dunno know it looks old and battered Jokes aside, i want a fresh unit !
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:47pm
well it is old.. but it's not really battered at all. and it's still good! i have dbmarks and i like them and can't fault them yet.. but i do wonder if they'll still work in 20 years. time will tell.
but yeah for the money these days, they're a really good choice.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 5:58pm
To me it looks in perfectly good nick. Sometimes photos can look at bit skew when taken under bad lighting.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 4:59pm
Think im gonna go with the xilica xp4080 in the end or even the xd 4080,dont quite get the FIR filter thing yet but interested to learn. Depends on the pricing.
Anyone know a place to get em cheaper than Thomann or is anyone selling some on here by any chance?

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:42pm
Also if anyone knows something more about the danley dslp48 . I figured its a xilica but not which model .
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:58pm
It's an XP48 I believe all the features are unlocked but not sure it has computer software
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 8:20am
What about the Linea Research LSC DSP's? 

I run my floods with 2 x Turbosound LMS-D24. They are great sounding units with fantastic limiters and Podware over USB to serial is easy peasy. 

I AB'ed one against a Ultradrive on Res2 tops. It sounded way better and even the owner agreed that he needed a new DSP. 
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:57am
Everybody complains about the front panel for the xp48, so how would that work out Smile. It says on the page it has software or are you saying its old/unusable ?
Yes I looked also at the linea research ones,that particular one has 6 outs tho. The "new" Danley is an ASC48 but it also seems quite expensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>