Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yamaha PX series amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:17am
Not much info available on the internet about these yet so appreciate your feedback

That is why I started this thread. Seems like I am the only one who bought them.
I would say that the fan is quiet. I have other amps and they are louder fans. I think that Yamaha know about the home theater crowd and these seem pretty good for that, I think. Low power consumpion loaded with a great dsp. As for home use they are no Quad 303 sound quality wise. But they will shake the room on a cinema sub. I guess that I am getting a good 800w from the px10. They are respectable amps for the price. As I keep saying they do exactly what I expected them to. I think that the DSP is the deal breaker.
Hope this helps.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:20am
Also how far apart are the level adjustments for each channel in dB.

Sorry don't quite understand that. bit more please.
noway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:53pm
Sorry.  I meant every time you move the front volume knobs up or down one click how many dB does each click represent?  (Not sure if that will show up on the dsp display).  Thanks.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:53am
I thought that was what you ment. 1db. The volume knobs are nice tbh 1db is easy good click. Yes they have a digital display. See the pics I posted 7 and 8 db. Listend to the fans maybe a bit loud for hone use. There are two though. I just turn the music up.
noway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:58am
Thanks for the information, doller. 
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:23am

Close up of the standby screen. I turned one down to 4db so you can see. The bars in the corners are the level meters. Sorry didn't post one of these.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:51pm
Did a shoot out yesterday. These vs a QSC powerlight 4. No they are not a bass amp on a pa system. You will be disapointed.
But the QSC needs its own nuculer powerstation at 100v.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12