Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are new turbo boxes like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 2:49pm
new Turbosound is just Behringer with  shiny badge, sorry...
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

The new Turbo stuff is prob not a good bet, I used the new TMS system, you need like 4 stacks aside for a Pub gig!

Personally I would sooner never be in a room with any FBT product, they are dire.

EM EMS-121X sound nice, As do Nexo PS10/12s (the 15s suck) but remember you need the processor for them...

For your budget you are looking at lucky second-hand buys or pretty shoddy boxes in real terms.

I get some nice and second hand...

Yeah, glad someone else said it. FBT sounds like shit to me too. Might have quality bits inside but the powered ones processing is muddy as hell. Mate has some mid range Peaveys (4 ohm) and a big old UKB amp, knocks spots off every mobile speakers on sticks thing I've ever heard.
It's everything, not everythink!
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 4:44pm
Martin Audio Blackline for small systems for me, hate the nexo PS series with a passion
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:30am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

Martin Audio Blackline for small systems for me, hate the nexo PS series with a passion

ps 10/12 ROCK

ps 15 IS FIREWOOD
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 1:39am
Shagnasty, I have never seen a ps12 only Chinese knockoffs,is there such a thing.
Your right though 10s rock and I could never warm to the 15
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 3:51am
I dont think there ever was a PS12. I've never seen one. Funny enough i heard the ps10s in a bar last night and they do sound good!
FBTs wooden boxes, the Mitus, the Verve range have always sounded good to me
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 9:18am
My corporate box-on-a-stick gig days have gone through a lot of small boxes, from the Bose 802's days to now. For a budget box, the blackline kit is still my favourite. The nexo hf horn with its mis-shapen downward throw still doesn't do it for me, the pattern control seems to never quite do what it's intended to do, and coverage gets patchy, even more so when (due to the audience and room layout) you need to cover a wider area and try to array a pair Always had the correct processors and decent amps, yet never that impressed
MPASOUND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPASOUND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:57pm
Have always wondered why there was never a PS12. 8,10 & 15 never made sense to me..

It's just bits of paper flapping about in a box.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by MPASOUND MPASOUND wrote:

Have always wondered why there was never a PS12. 8,10 & 15 never made sense to me..

I assume PS15 to be used without subs and PS10 / 8 to be used with subs on a pole. depends on requirements of gig.

Rish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12