Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5000W Build suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mawby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5000W Build suggestions
    Posted: 30 March 2017 at 4:41pm
Hi guys me and a friend are looking to build a small-ish system as its our 1st time ever really dabbling in this stuff and was just wondering what suggested components we should use as we have no idea really about what drivers ect would be best. we would be playing a variety of genres on said system (bassline,gabba,donk,hardtek ect)

i was thinking something along the lines of 2-4 subs 2 mid ranges and a horn and bullet tweeter and was wonderingif it could be done for about £400 or cheaper

im sorry for the very newbey post
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:12pm
I would not be the one to advise on a system, especially in these genre, but I can advise you to put some more info :
You plan to play outdoors? indoors? big venue, or small room?
How many people would you want to cover? it will be way more relevant than stating a number of watts :)
Do you already have cabs/loudspeakers/amplifiers/processing? Or do you start from scratch
Do you want to build your cabs or buy them ready made?

Originally posted by Mawby Mawby wrote:

was wondering if it could be done for about £400 or cheaper

hem... I hate giving definitive answers but it seems way out of the reality (assuming you start from scratch, even for the 2 subs option)

oh and don't worry the newbie section is there for that

Edited by JBK - 30 March 2017 at 5:13pm
Mawby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mawby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:16pm
Ahh i see i see!

erm the system it would be for abit of both but id say mainly indoors and the venue will be small ish in size and the amount of people i couldnt have a definite number but i could say from 2-15 people ish and i plan to do everything from scratch also id build the cabs myself

im sorry for the lack of info!

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:28pm

Ahh i see i see!

erm the system it would be for abit of both but id say mainly indoors and the venue will be small ish in size and the amount of people i couldnt have a definite number but i could say from 2-15 people ish and i plan to do everything from scratch also id build the cabs myself

im sorry for the lack of info!

Just to get it clear; you're looking to spend less than £400 on a 5000 watt system ??
Mawby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mawby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:30pm
i dont mind paying more its just a sort of figuire i estimates roughly from some components on a few websites
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:39pm

i dont mind paying more its just a sort of figuire i estimates roughly from some components on a few websites

They wouldn't be car audio websites would they?? Big smile
Mawby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mawby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:40pm
no there was a couple like this one

http://www.electromarket.co.uk/live-sound-pa/speakers/speaker-components/pa-bass-drivers/woofer-size/15%22/

and a few others
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:56pm

http://www.electromarket.co.uk/live-sound-pa/speakers/speaker-components/pa-bass-drivers/woofer-size/15%22/

and a few others

Noooooooooo!
Where abouts do you live?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 6:02pm

and a few others

The power figures there should be taken for what they are, greatly exaggerated.

Looking at this sort of site www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=VODV181000 would give you an idea of what building a proper 5000watt sound system,

That being said if as you say you're only planning to cater for 2-15-ish people, then the cheaper stuff will almost certainly satisfy your requirements.

Mawby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mawby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 6:32pm
i see ill definitely have a look around that site!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 10:02pm

i see ill definitely have a look around that site!

I ask where you live as i have a few bass sections up for sale....

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 10:30pm
A 5k sound system for £400 is never going to happen unless you spend that money on hiring in.
Im putting together a 'cheap' system and I dont want to add up what Ive spent to get where I am.
You need speakers, amps, crossover & cabling between all.
I found a promotion that CPC Farnell were running to get my bass amps £450+ reduced down to £125 (I think) then amps to run the mids and tops. Because I didnt know what I was going im running 3 runs of speaker wire (should have used a patch panel really) so thats another £60 gone, a half decent speaker management system will run you £180+, then the price of wood, glue, drivers (if your self building) hell even buying second hand bins and tops (and Ive been really really lucky with some of my purchases) has run me £350+ 
Now if I want to over exaggerate, I could say I have 7.5k of amp power, realistically (because im not running everything bridged at 4 or indeed 2 ohm) and taking into constant power of my drivers my max is 2.8k 
Rough guess im in for £900+  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>