Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pro light & Sound @ Messe, 2017.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 9:33pm

This is how you do a demo, everyone else needs to take note. They open with a soundcheck process too, kick, snare, toms, bass, guitar, vocal all isolated then in comes this monster.

Edited by toastyghost - 09 April 2017 at 9:34pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 9:58pm
When you pay for a 800m2 booth and a separate stage out side, it gives you some leverage :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 10:38pm
Well yeah but that doesn't quite explain why there was no Sennheiser, no Shure, no Meyer no Music Group, and several others attendance seemed way way lower this year too on all days.

Lots of China stuff in amongst the 'normal' too, poor Neutrik were amidst a sea of clone companies

Edited by toastyghost - 09 April 2017 at 10:39pm
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 3:50am
oooh HDL30A with their 2200W PMPO bullshit (in pure Digipro/RCF tradition) and their 9002 subs heavily clipping during the demo. LOL
From some of my friends being there, it was not a good showcase when considering the low SPL reached Confused
(but in all fairness, the sound quality was good)

This stupid WATT war drives me crazy. RCF and EV are the worst. One example:
http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=2584
In all EV documentation (website, brochure, datasheet...), you can only find "Power rating: 1000W"
Not a single mention on the LF/HF split (its a biamp module) nor the standard of the rating. But read on, you will be for a ride...
This ZLX moduleis uses a SMPS that supplies +/- 36V rails for the amplifiers. The HF is covered by an ST TDA7294 class AB amp IC that should output around 70W at this rail voltage. The LF is pushed by an NXP TDA8953 class D integrated IC that should produce around 270W at 0.5% THD (still at +/-36V). Even worst, the power supply, with its puny transformer and MOSFETs, is unable to provide more than 200W continuous. 
The result ? When you measure the cab with pink noise, it reaches 117dB at 1 meter when LIMIT appears on the LCD. Pushing the volume up heavily into clip only increases the output by 1dB. Its very very very far from 127dB "Maximum SPL" advertised Dead
In summary you have 1000W marketing that corresponds to 200W in real life. How they calculate this 1000W, I have no idea. Well I do: guilty is probably the marketing department to show impressive figures on paper. But truth is that, even with 10ns peak burst signal, you can't get more than 450W from this puny module. I know, we tried...
RCF is no better with their DigiPro1000 that can't sustain more than 250W continuous. So if you get 500W from their new 2200W, I guess you should be lucky Clown

What really amazes me is that nobody put these corporate into court for false advertisement. I though we were in professional audio, targeting educated audience, leaving bullshit non-sens to consumer space. But no, every new product announcement is worst and worst Thumbs Down
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 10:44am
Arthur, RCF sounded like 100 times better then previous years. Now you can imagine how bad they were earlier :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Well yeah but that doesn't quite explain why there was no Sennheiser, no Shure, no Meyer no Music Group, and several others attendance seemed way way lower this year too on all days.

Lots of China stuff in amongst the 'normal' too, poor Neutrik were amidst a sea of clone companies

The attendance has been dropping on a year to year basis. Possibly, the larger companies do not find it profitable anymore to market their products at such events whereas the smaller/newer companies are willing to invest in such events in order to get their name/products established.  

Best Regards,  

Elliot Thompson
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 11:23am
Exactly.
Also they split the  PSL and Messe in two shows, so the crowd is definitely smaller, but the people from Messe that were just making noise and not really interested in the pro audio are now filtered. So i think that the show gained in quality beside the lower crowd.
What really pissed me off was the fact that when we asked for a booth for this year, along with a spot outside to install a demo system, they told me there was no room available outside for the next 3 years.
You can imagine how pissed off was i when i saw the concert stage half empty.

After hearing the systems outside, and carefully studying the crowd that was listening them, i came to a conclusion that all that is pure bull shit.
99% of the people outside have just come for fun, they do most of the crowd outside and they will not buy anything.
Who ever is a serious customer he will not need to hear the boxes outside, but in a much more controlled environment where "they" can operate the system and play their own music.
So i have ditched the idea of putting a system there next year.
We will go for a booth only. Everyone is making noise at the booth after 6PM anyway. Whoever want to hear it, can come after 6PM.

So this is my reasoning, please tell me i am wrong, i will like to hear your thoughts. 

Edited by MarjanM - 10 April 2017 at 11:23am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 11:59am

The same thing I’ve noticed as well. Larger Companies rather join social networks where they can zone in on their customer base. Such companies are willing to lend out their products for more independent type of events than pay a fee for a larger commercial event. 

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 10 April 2017 at 12:03pm
Elliot Thompson
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Exactly.
Also they split the  PSL and Messe in two shows, so the crowd is definitely smaller, but the people from Messe that were just making noise and not really interested in the pro audio are now filtered. So i think that the show gained in quality beside the lower crowd.
What really pissed me off was the fact that when we asked for a booth for this year, along with a spot outside to install a demo system, they told me there was no room available outside for the next 3 years.
You can imagine how pissed off was i when i saw the concert stage half empty.

After hearing the systems outside, and carefully studying the crowd that was listening them, i came to a conclusion that all that is pure bull shit.
99% of the people outside have just come for fun, they do most of the crowd outside and they will not buy anything.
Who ever is a serious customer he will not need to hear the boxes outside, but in a much more controlled environment where "they" can operate the system and play their own music.
We will go for a booth only. Everyone is making noise at the booth after 6PM anyway. Whoever want to hear it, can come after 6PM.

So this is my reasoning, please tell me i am wrong, i will like to hear your thoughts. 

defo agree.
https://www.elements-audio.com
thirtha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Thumbs Up Cent percent correct when you apply your logic to PALMEXPO India. 99.99 PCT of the people are there to waste time.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 3:53pm

Mobile phone video of the Danley Jericho demo, tunes are a bit odd but you can get an idea of how stupidly consistent the coverage is and how much noise behind/onstage is reduced by using them instead of a line array.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 4:05pm
Kyle, all very valid points. But it sounded like shit. So whats the use of all of the advantages when it does not sound good?

This is now 3 years in a row that this same team is not able to make the system sound good.
So they defo need to change something.
And trust me, i soo wanted it to sound good. I even made 4 people travel 2000km to hear it.
They told me i am sick person to tell them to invest on something that even the main distributor can not make sound right.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>