Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need truss in brum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need truss in brum
    Posted: 12 April 2017 at 6:29pm
Hey all,

I need a 6x6x4 truss cube, delivered, setup at the NEC for May 25 and packed down and collected 7pm ish on the 28th.

Might also need some sound and lighting kit as not sure I can be bothered taking yet more stuff.

Anyone on here done stuff there before? Or can recommend anyone?

Cheers,
Sam
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 2:51pm
No one in/near Brum then? 
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 3:30pm
Ian Livie would be worth a call http://www.ianlivie.com/, SJ from DMX productions might be worth a shout, or NEC rigging services aren't cheap but no delivery costs, or coloursound would deliver but are london based
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 8:40pm
I've done lots @ the NEC and associated venues, house rigging is a good call as they can get access when they like and no transport costs.

Also if you mean a 6000x6000x4000 truss you will need something chunky ish (Trilite/Slick etc sag like hell over 6000mm) so before you know it you have 4 genie lifts on the job for rigging it, a turn key from NEC could be a smart option.

If not, Storm, Production +, Neg Earth etc...

SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 10:59pm
It's not holding anything other than some birdies and some banners. Is it Essential who do NEC aswell?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 11:11pm
i'd love to help as have provided plenty of truss cube based stands ( up to 20 x 12M) at the NEC, but unfortunately are already fully committed that week. 
Most common 290mm light duty box truss systems ( milos / prolyte) will be perfectly happy ay 6000mm.

NEC will do it, but it wont be cheap.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

i'd love to help as have provided plenty of truss cube based stands ( up to 20 x 12M) at the NEC, but unfortunately are already fully committed that week. 
Most common 290mm light duty box truss systems ( milos / prolyte) will be perfectly happy ay 6000mm.

NEC will do it, but it wont be cheap.

Define "cheap" NEC will have it there on time and remove without penalty, I would not contract one of the firms mentioned in this thread to the NEC if my life depended on it, given Touring engineers are lucky to get halve what I was getting when I quit that joke in 2001 now, I have made The NEC, the SECC, etc my living  and if you have show there take real crew with real skills.

I pay £300 for 500KG hoist in these venues, if I can I use house truss, £300 for a £50/Wk hoist is a cheap as it gets....

I don't know a lot about poxy truss, but you will need a RAMS and to build that system in real terms, with in RA is not shy, I would never trust house crew in some venues, but the NEC group could actually go tour.

Nuff said.

Cheap, maybe not.

Value is EXTREME..

Cost of 1 hour after show waiting for some shit-box crew to turn up H U G E

Horses for courses, but it takes skills and credentials to even get a truck onto a door @ the NEC....

On an side, to me there is Thomas Super truss, Hedwig DeMeyer beam and the rest...

Super truss has defined rigging, Hedwig just fucks with gravity, but what can do 20,000 span these days?

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 5:56pm
Hi Sam

I have the Thomas / Tomcat 30x30 to built the structure. Im not around on those dates or pretty much any other weekend this year!
But its there, if you want to sort out trucking, rigging etc then we could do something.
Let me know as we would have to steam it before it went in as expo.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 5:03pm
Hmm NEC want to charge me £4,300.00 + vat just for 20mb broadband.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 5:14pm
Welcome to the world of exhibition centres!
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 5:37pm
Aye, already paid £9k for the space, + 8 members of staff, hotels, truck hire, misc costs. The booth etc is costing another £15k on top. This shit is ridic...
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:42am
SAM

WTF???

Mate you are more than clued up enough to know how this works, £375 for 2KW main, if you try splitting it they will cut you off...

This is now my gig ( no money in touring kids @ £1K a week with no clue do that) but Exhibition stuff is mental, you will also need PPE to walk on site, proof of insurance, plans submitted to the organiser etc...

NEC price wise will take some beating as they a good, cheap and have access you can't get, if your truck ends up in the north car park with back space you could loose 4 hours build time before you get onto a loading gate.

PITA on the in, but come the OUT you get fines for clearing late....

With total disrespect to 80% of the people on here, the exhibition game is SO above their head.

As I said, go cheap, NEC/Storm/Neg Earth, or if you fancy a gamble colour sound (HUGE Gamble!!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>