Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade to Powersoft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XentriK Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade to Powersoft
    Posted: 18 April 2017 at 5:10pm

After peoples thoughts on the following: I’m keen to get a Powersoft sub amp to run 4 v18-1000 loaded wsx (3 a side once we build another pair) although not sure what to go for… I’m thinking about getting an Outline t nine as there’s plenty about at the moment although they’re around 10 years old? How do they compare with Pkn xe6000, Mc2 E45, Matrix xt7000mf, Void inf 7/8 etc?

From my experience so far the Pkn xe6000 was really nice sounding and I’m a big fan of the controls, however it certainly didn’t sound as nice as the Inf 7. The Inf 7 was nice are warm and really made the wsx hum! Just a shame they didn’t seem to go near as loud in comparison. The Matrix xt7000mf was a nice balance between the two although I’ve had reliability issues with them. Inf 8 would probably be best however the weight I’m not so keen on… so now looking towards Powersoft.

Perhaps a K10 would be better suited? What are the differences between DSP / AESOP and non dsp? From my understanding non dsp can still be controlled via armonia software but only with basic controls. Only having four buttons on them seems like quite a pain to operate but I suppose once setup using software only small tweaks will be made.

I’m also thinking of K2 or K3 for my Ohm Trs 212 and Martin F2B’s although am I better off getting something in the M series to save on a little cash to put towards a K10? Or are there any other better options?

Id like to stick to one brand of amp throughout the rack ideally.

Cheers!

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 5:39pm
T-Nine will do you proud!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 5:49pm
T-Nine = K8 non-DSP. Just an OEM faceplate and case.
 Post Reply Post Reply