Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

samson sxd7000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: samson sxd7000
    Posted: 19 April 2017 at 10:57am

Good day everyone

There is not a wide range of amps in South Africa and the name brands are overpriced. I just require 2 amps to run mid high cabs and monitors , JBL jrx 125 and jrx 112m.  My amps are currently the behringer ep2500 which are about 12 years old and need changing. Are the Samson amps reliable and good sounding?  I do have an analogue eq and crossover so the dsp in the Samson amps may be good to use.

Any feedback / opinions on these amps will be appreciated.

Edited by sounds4u - 19 April 2017 at 10:58am
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:17am
Sampson are good and reliable. I installed 8 in the Chatsworth stadium no problems so far. Try to stay away from amps with smpsu they don't do well in SA ( bad power ) transformer based amps are far more tolerant to dodgy power if you don't mind the extra weight. The JBL jrx series are entry level speakers form JBL and not very high powered so the sxd7000 might be overkill.   
sounds4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:28am
Thanks Bruce. Is it the sxd series you used as I know the older sx series were good. Or do you recommend any other amp I should look at around the R5-7000 range.

One more thing, years ago I changed the drivers to P Audio. Sn12b and sn15b with bmd440 comps. Do sound fine for what it is.

Edited by sounds4u - 20 April 2017 at 8:30am
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:35am
Was the sx series they are class H. Personally I am not a fan of class H or class D amps. But the sx series are reliable. Drop me a pm are you in Durban ?  
sounds4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sounds4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:40am
Yip in Pinetown.

PM sent.

Edited by sounds4u - 20 April 2017 at 8:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply