Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rane gone bust?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:20pm
^^ supposed to be a lovely sounding mixer. Post a vid of it in action when you get it
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:13pm
Probably a good time to download all those useful application notes in the Rane library, before an inevitable New Enhanced Corporate Culture takes over...

http://www.rane.com/library.html
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:03pm
Jesus all you lot wind the knee jerk in, they got bought like a year back and nothing has really changed.

And yes the MP2015 sounds belting.
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:08pm
i can sell you mine if you like.. used 3-4 times - still boxed 
error 404
richardstringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:02am
I love Rane but I think the company is finished, moving manufacturing to China is all about companies making more money despite what bulls*t they spout about keeping prices competetive, Allen & Heath moved manufacturing to China years ago and the build quality plummeted, an ex Allen & Heath rep told me that it was all about raising profits, he said how he'd been  sacked for telling people exactly that, something which the top bosses at the company didn't want people knowing. But he felt people had to know the truth that it WAS NOT about keeping prices low, it was about the company wanting to raise profit margins significantly. Loud Technologies bought the legendary Mackie company and moved manufacturing to China and ever since Mackie products have been plagued with failures according to people who've bought Mackie equipment and dj shops i've spoken to.

I hope Rane equipment stays the awesome build quality it's always been but I don't think it will.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:17am
Yeah funny thing with the corporate managers, same song everywhere, raise margins, lower production cost, go to China, feed the dragon..... Then people are wondering why there is a recession....

Check out Jason Stoddards blog about his company schiit audio. Recently he's been writing about weird pricing policies for electronic parts from China. Prices are kept artificially high to keep american/european competition down.

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

We should start a list of great names now reduced to a sticky label plonked on cheap far-eastern tat.

Here's a few.
Altec.
Citronic.
HH.
Studiomaster.

Remember these?

http://www.leak-hifi.co.uk/index.php

It's everything, not everythink!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:03pm
Turbosound
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 7:16am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Jesus all you lot wind the knee jerk in, they got bought like a year back and nothing has really changed.

And yes the MP2015 sounds belting.

Yes, heard the same a little while back.
Heard Rane was originally a family run business who took pride of their product but they just had enough and decided to sell.
They done well. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by richardstringer richardstringer wrote:

I love Rane but I think the company is finished, moving manufacturing to China is all about companies making more money despite what bulls*t they spout about keeping prices competetive, Allen & Heath moved manufacturing to China years ago and the build quality plummeted, an ex Allen & Heath rep told me that it was all about raising profits, he said how he'd been  sacked for telling people exactly that, something which the top bosses at the company didn't want people knowing. But he felt people had to know the truth that it WAS NOT about keeping prices low, it was about the company wanting to raise profit margins significantly. Loud Technologies bought the legendary Mackie company and moved manufacturing to China and ever since Mackie products have been plagued with failures according to people who've bought Mackie equipment and dj shops i've spoken to.

I hope Rane equipment stays the awesome build quality it's always been but I don't think it will.

Some of the plate AMPS let go on the Mackie active stuff, there is a problem with them when driven hard (apparently), I have s408s and the build quality is amazing (designed by EAW) a mate had active Mackie 2x15 for his band never let him down also, cant say Ive heard any other issues than the plate amp in the active TBH but yep when it gets shipped out to China it can go wrong, even Martin use china drivers now, used to be ATC. Sign of the times.
Top banana
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Turbosound

And Soundcraft Cry

Edited by colint - 23 May 2017 at 8:21pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12