Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have Ebay been hacked????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have Ebay been hacked????
    Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:30am
I've just had 2 accounts locked.

Password reset required

Loop of crap, anyone else having trouble????
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:29pm
Not here in happy Hampshire
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:55pm
Nope. All good on the .com site.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:10pm
If you have any, check your paypal account just incase.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:24pm
Yeah, my Paypal is fine, they have just relised I have 3 ebay accounts at the same address and tthe click here loop that kept asking for details I wouldn't normally give out caused me to think something was amiss with it...

I now need to get my ex GF to unlock one of my accounts...

:-)
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:44pm
Problems here.  My wife handles all of the accounting side and told me a few days ago that she was having problems paying for items, we normally avail ourselves of a two-week deferred payment system which stopped working putting her into a permanent payment loop; so we paid out all of the outstanding items and have stopped buying until eBay sorts out the problem.
Numerous telephone calls to PayPal that gave numerous different reasons and then blamed eBay; and eBay blamed PayPal.
She spoke to a senior adviser there yesterday who told her that some major problems had arisen but couldn't get a specific from him.
There have been no official notices on either site about problems.
Lots of sellers saying that their business has dropped dramatically.
Looking at the eBay outage map at http://downdetector.com/status/ebay/map/ shows that the UK seems to be getting it worst of all right now
I'll list some sale items after the Bank Holiday, but if everybody else stops buying like us I don't hold out great hopes for the returns.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Password reset required

The scammers are up to no good as usual, every trick in the book is used, PAY Pal,
EBAY, you name it, they have ago at it all,probably easier for ebay to freeze an account if shenaniguns is detected. 

FYI

If anyone uses  Gumtree, the scammers can get your phone number and email from any advert you post, I started getting texts,emails and other stuff happen immediately after I used Gumtree which I think is part of or owned by ebay. Just thought I would give the heads up. Also for thoses of you who like a good credit rating, Experian will list the fact that your email and tel number are avaliable on the net which leaves you open to fraud. This will impact your credit rating, hope this helps
Top banana
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:14pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:08am

Password reset required

Any passwords shared with any other site, or a slight variant thereof? Usually how logins get compromised.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Password reset required

The scammers are up to no good as usual, every trick in the book is used, PAY Pal,
EBAY, you name it, they have ago at it all,probably easier for ebay to freeze an account if shenaniguns is detected. 

FYI

If anyone uses  Gumtree, the scammers can get your phone number and email from any advert you post, I started getting texts,emails and other stuff happen immediately after I used Gumtree which I think is part of or owned by ebay. Just thought I would give the heads up. Also for thoses of you who like a good credit rating, Experian will list the fact that your email and tel number are avaliable on the net which leaves you open to fraud. This will impact your credit rating, hope this helps

I think you'll find Gumtree probably sell them on directly to 3rd parties. If you read the T&C it's probably in there. It's a free service unless you're promoting listings etc so they have to make cash out of the site someway.
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

Password reset required

FYI

I think you'll find Gumtree probably sell them on directly to 3rd parties. If you read the T&C it's probably in there. It's a free service unless you're promoting listings etc so they have to make cash out of the site someway.

Agree, the likes of Experian are only in it for commercial interests, there is the trick, more web traffic,more revenue.
Top banana
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:33pm
My account is OK, but I have noticed that on Android they are only allowing certain browsers to use the site, Ive had to switch to Chrome, not sure if its all related? (Samsung Internet is now 'no longer supported')
 Post Reply Post Reply